150,000 dollar turn table?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does have the look of Tesla's chamber pot or something. Or a freaky lamp. I imagine the massive dangling weight could add some excitement in earthquake country...

geezus that looks like some kind of torture device or a toilet.
but i heard someone just paid 1.6 mil for a baseball card... so i assume someone will buy it

Nice to see it took 28 years of design to use the last 5-8 years of technology for something that only Paul Allen would be able to waste money on.

What's the point of having a turntable with considerably better specs than the cutting lathe the record was made on in the first place?

You wouldn't have to sell too many to make good money , but
it's advertising for other things they have & do , like racing cars

[quote author="Steve Jones"]What's the point of having a turntable with considerably better specs than the cutting lathe the record was made on in the first place?[/quote]

No doubt! While I was giving a relative of mine a studio tour, he proceeded to proudly extol the virtues of some audiophool interconnect cables he heard and planned to buy. I just asked him how much difference he thought that would make when so many professional studios use several miles of this? (simultaneously reaching for and dropping on the desktop a reel of Belden 9451).

I ended up making him some custom "Studio Reference" cables with some Mogami and Neutrik stuff I had onhand. :green:

-bob

"add to cart",

I was wondering if this is an "add to cart" type of purchase. I would want to be flown to the factory for that kind of money.

My old studio sold home monitor speakers for that same price. the studio version custom-built wall mounted/ actual wall speakers they sold were absolutely incredible, and if I had the money I would consider buying them, but they said they sold several home versions to japanese audiophiles. and with the studio monitors I think they actually go to your room and install/build them.

I'd rather have the Rockport Sirius lll for half the price :grin:

sirius.jpg

[quote author="Clearaudio"]High speed microprocessor controlled motor drive unit (as used in Mars Rover)[/quote]
[quote author="jensenmann"]I wonder how it could be modded to sound even better :green:[/quote]
Swapping the microprocessor and the switching FETS for NOS Z80 and 2N3055 should give a warmer, more organic sound.

[quote author="bcarso"]funny---when I clicked "add to cart", the site just displayed a clown face and said Oh puhleeaze![/quote]

I clicked "add to cart" quantity @ "2"
....and was redirected to the IRS website.

"add to cart" quantity @ "20"
...it took me to Homeland Security.

=FB=

Latest posts

Back