Does Speakon ship outside of Germany?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microx

I want to buy a 2U rackbox from Speakon so I e-mailed them then I faxed them ....No reply. So I tried phoning the 24hr hotline nobody answered. Do they or dont they sell outside of Germany, I am in Spain.

BTW dont buy the Pollin boxes, they are very poorly finished and anyway they sent me a box with 2U on it but inside it was 3U!
Steve

Hi Steve.

I looked at the site but could not find any infos about shipping outside germany. But.. it seems to be "normal" that they don't reply. :cry: In the beginning the quality was really good. But today it seems that almost EVERY order is wrong. Either you get the wrong parts, or the panels aren't good anodized or scratched. Once i got 3 packets until I got all correct parts i'd ordered. But sometimes they send 2 packets but you only have to pay for one packet :roll:
They're also very often in holidays. What a company... :green:
The shipping costs won't be cheap from germany to spain because of the weight. Some years ago I serched for a company who sells cases... I only found the monacor cases which are very good but expensive. I decided to search for cheaper cases and found benkler(robeshop or speakon). After that I found more people using these cases. Some had have problems with the quality and ordering... some not. I believe spain is able to produce 19" cases too. Try to search in your country... I don't know what "case" means in spain... but you. Maybe you'll find a source in your country?

[quote author="nrgrecording"]I believe spain is able to produce 19" cases too. Try to search in your country... I don't know what "case" means in spain... but you. Maybe you'll find a source in your country?[/quote]
I used to buy cases made in Spain - in Denmark. I don't remember the name.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have asked them on the phone about shipping international and they replied with 'yes'.
Their housings are cheap and good, but it allways take a while to get it.
Send them an email, that have worked for me all the time.

Michael! You're a lucky guy!
I bet there are more guys unsatisfied as satisfied with them :wink:
The cool thing is... if they delivered wrong parts... you'll get them for free. But thats maybe the reason of the price increase some month ago :cry: :wink:

If you want to order cases from Benkler dont use the Industrie Series (ST00X). The Standard Series is the better choice since the lid and the bottom are lying on top of/underneath the sidewings. They are a plane plate and are not folded, so they don´t get in the way when mounting XLRs, IECs or large meters. Or do you like to file?

I don´t like neither one because they are powder-coated which means they don´t have necessarily el. contact between all of their parts. This would be necessary to have a Faraday-shield.(am I consevative? :roll: ). But since I´m not very long back in DIY I haven´t any suggestion where to get better ones for fair prices.

If somebody´s got a better source in Europe please let us know.

Rock it
Jens

Yes, there is a Spanish box maker "RETEX" but I dont understand why a 2U box costs 75 euros when I can buy Video recorder for less.
With all the group buys we have had I would like to see one for boxes.
I would stock a few if we can find a supplier. I would have thought it would pay any DIYer to have a couple of boxes ready to use as every project needs a box.
If there is interest I would give it a go, I have the facilities,
Steve

Back