I need a good Laugh...where's CJ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannikin

I miss CJ's drunken posts...
can anyone confirm if he's in rehab or if is he finally going to manufacture the UTC clones?

:grin:

CJ where are you?

Dave,

Normally about this time of year - he hits the river.
But I agree, he's been a bit quiet lately.

I'm still waiting on some fishing lures, we traded a while back - but it's all good.

Come on over Chris, got loads of Iron questions for you :wink:

Steve :thumb:

I hate to get involved in discussions like this, but I just have to say to you, solder_city, that CJ was a huge and valuable contributor to this forum long before you ever came along. He was around back when it was hosted at recording.org. He was the first person on the forum I ever had any contact with, via IRC, along with Scenaria, who is also gone. I really wish I knew what happened to him that would cause the strife that resulted in his leaving.

no doubt, Cj's a good guy, when he talks about transformers and La2a stuff he is truly brilliant.... his banter is just something that you can't take seriously.... and I laugh at those kind of posts because many times he just busting the balls of the new guys... kind of like a right of passage.

I enjoy both sides of his personality because in the end when he is serious, he is extremely helpful -- thats just less frequent lately.... but none the less...

I didn't mean this thread to be a debate on CJs character and relationship to the forum... I was just nudging him to see if he's around. I enjoy him especially when he hacks a perfectly good, very expensive transformer.

guess you guys dont remember how he made death threats against some people and drove others away with his unprovoked attacks?

yes, he shared a lot of good transformer information but that doesnt change the fact that he was a real jerk to some people for no good reason.

Death threats?!? No I don't remember that. Soldier_city-it's not like you're the easiest guy to get along with around here either...

+1 for missing CJ, and Kev, and Dave, and, and, and....

He was the first one to encourage me to post to the group (I had joined the IRC channel, then in existence, first). PRR probably remembers my first ever post, on whether a microphone with a metal foil diaphragm and magnetic pickup for amplification would be a reasonable idea. (By the way, the answer was that it would probably be worth the experiment to try out, but I never got around to it. I may yet, one of these days.) CJ also shipped me, on his dime, a large box full of tubes, caps of all kinds and values, and various and sundry parts. I stil have it all, telling myself I'll figure out something to do with it eventually. Actually, I have an idea for something now...

And believe me, he knows a lot more than just transformers. He's the one who reverse-engineered the T4B opto module for the LA2a and figured out how to make new ones with mass-market EL panels. That was a real accomplishment.

Just like everyone else, I watched the recent posts from him, not knowing what I could possibly do about it.

[quote author="solder_city"]guess you guys dont remember how he made death threats against some people and drove others away with his unprovoked attacks?

yes, he shared a lot of good transformer information but that doesnt change the fact that he was a real jerk to some people for no good reason.[/quote]

they didn't see it, they don't remember it. A giant list of off-kilter new threads he started were deleted, as were many similar off-topic off-color posts in existing threads. several threads were started up about it at the time, and also deleted or closed to keep unnecessary talk and speculation down. Something was clearly wrong. Hope he's fine now. Several people left at the time, apparently somewhat because of it.

Best to let it lie.

NYDave is one person who left because of it... gone since January.

I really don't have a problem with CJ & he has been really cool & helpful at times but shit did get out of hand... I read a few of those posts & was shocked.

[quote author="pucho812"][quote author="Ptownkid"]i miss nyd...[/quote]
ditto[/quote]

Me too.
I built his 1 bottle pre & really dig it... but I'd like to pick his brain a bit & can't.

:sad:

yes, nice to have CJ back.

NYDave needs to end his "vacation" too. I guess I need to post pics of the inside mess of my MILA-2 build and soon to be finished R*AMP to nudge a little comment or two from Dave. :twisted:

It's summer and it's time for a damn family BBQ boys! :grin:

Back