Da uber noob stuff (Crush n' Blend)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingnote

So I've been been improvising a bit beyond my depth and thought I could get away with it, but reality has this way of showing you...

I thought I'd be reeealy smart and implement Crush n'Blend with the GSSL input and output, and stick a TL in the middle instead of the OPA to get kind of a cheapo variety. Board designed and working, and distorting like heck!

Argh...here's the schematic:

www.livingnote.com/prodigybilder/crushnblend.pdf

So I get the feeling that the input might be producing voltage that will shock the shite out of the good ol' unsuspecting TL, but I don't know for sure...Keef, Jakob or PRR, or anyone who can scope this, if you know what's wrong here, this is something I would love to share, but the way it is you can barely make out "honky-tonk woman" behind all the prrrzzzblbssstzmbbl.

(btw SV6 is where the pot goes and that 071 in the upper right corner is a buffer for the meter)

Be sure that you haven't done something like flipped over the op amp pinouts when you etched your board. I've done it more than once and you can often still get signal passing.
Sleeper

Latest posts

Back