Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo North

Got your order!

I'll place an order for small knobs (and more large knobs) on Monday. Should have them in about 3 weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

Mike

Order also placed. :green:

If I could get 4 of the small knobs, that would be great, as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Sure!

Let me get the price on Monday, then I'll put up the pre order.

Anyone who is interested in small knobs send me an email to [email protected] so I can get an idea of how many to order.

Mike

hey,

Like the site.

I would love to order:
6 small knobs
6 big knobs
6 push button banks
and 3 of those ratio boards (if they fit the banks you have)

should i order thought here or via your site?

Yes all orders should be placed through the site.

<b>Knobs and Push Button Banks are now SOLD OUT.</b>

Thank you everyone!

I should have more knobs in about 3 weeks.

Push Button banks take longer....about 8-10 weeks.

I'll get them in as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

Mike

Hi,

I just paypaled for 4 big knobs :thumb: but I had to give some US state
as it would not let me through... I will email you my address in Europe...

BTW, is there any cheaper shipping option than 23$ to send these to Europe?
I may add also 2 small knobs to my order if you get them next month.

Thanks!

Hi Pususha,

Yeah the international shipping is a little problematic right now.

I'm hope to upgrade my store software soon, and it should give me more options.

The problem is that recently I shipped 15 small knobs to Italy and they never got to their destination. I sent them airmail ($11) and there was no way to track what happened to them. I had to eat the cost.

The best solution I could easily come up with was $23 priority flat rate worldwide shipping. It usually takes 5 days (plus customs processing) and can be tracked. Not a bad deal compared to UPS or FEDEX.

It'll be a few weeks till your knobs are in stock so I should be able to work out something a little better in the mean time...I'll keep you posted.

Mike

PS - if some one runs a store in the USA and ships international I would be happy to get some advice :)

Do the pushbuttons/meter boards and ratio boards... can these be used with the Mnats 1176 Rev D? I mean do they just replace the rotary switch meter/ratio boards?

Also, does anyone have a template with all the relative dimensions for a faceplate with pushbuttons?

Frank has a FPE template here:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/html/schaeffer.html

If you download front panel designer from their site you can see the measurements.

Yes they can be used with one difference on the meter side. I believe the Mnats D (like the J) boards are set up for "off/+4/bypass/GR". My boards are like the original 1176 "off/+4/+8/GR". So the wiring on that side is a little different. The boards ship with instructions to hook them up on the Mnats J boards. I will check and update it for D as well, should be very straight forward though.

I have my bypass on the attack knob like the original. You can do this with a 25K SPDT pot (mouser: 315-2415F-25K). You could also just add a regular bypass toggle switch to the front panel.

It was easy to do. If anyone is interested in the detailed wiring I can draw something up.

Thanks guys,

Mike

PS: I hope to have the pre-order for the small knobs up by wednesday at the latest. I'll let you all know when it happens.

Thanks!

New knobs are on the way! Should have them by 09/01 at the latest.

Small knobs will be around $5. When I get home tonight I will put them up for pre-order.

Switch banks will be a little longer (8-12 weeks). I should know more soon.

Thanks again guys,

Mike

PS - Please feel free to email me at [email protected] with suggestions for new products. One thing I know I would like to offer is the 1176 input attenuator.

[quote author="Echo North"]
It was easy to do. If anyone is interested in the detailed wiring I can draw something up.
[/quote]

I'd be interested! :green:

Cool,

I am also going to do up a diagram that will allow you to hook up the meter boards with a bypass.

So the stock board is:
OFF/+4/+8/GR

And with a cut and a direct solder you can set it up:
OFF/GR Disable/+4/GR

Mike

Latest posts

Back