Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RedNoise said:
got gssl boards!

I think this is meant for P-Town?

Thanks for posting the info Natek!  Great news.  I'd be interested to hear what a J board/G1176 sounds like with the Ed A. iron and attenuator.  Keep in mind the output stage will still be A/B.

Thanks,

Mike

Oooooooooops!!!
This was for Gustav...
BTW , just ordered 2 output tx for revd !!!
Thanks... ;D

Thanks RedNoise!

Your transformers are in the mail.

For the 500 series style knob people, I'm not sure what to say.  They seem completely uninterested in selling knobs.  I've spoken with others who can seem to order from them either.  It's perplexing. I call them every 2 days and they always say.."call back tomorrow and we'll have your quote."

I haven't given up...but I'm close.

Mike

Great to hear you got stuff.

I'm excited to see some Rev A's done!

Just got a fresh batch of attenuators in today.

Thanks,

Mike

Echo North said:
...For the API people, I'm not sure what to say.  They seem completely uninterested in selling knobs.  I've spoken with others who can seem to order from them either.  It's perplexing. I call them every 2 days and they always say.."call back tomorrow and we'll have your quote."

I haven't given up...but I'm close.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Don't give up on them yet. I totally feel your pain and then some! I have a feeling it's getting close :-]

And to clarify...it's not really "API" but a 3rd party vender that apparently has no ties to API.  Most of us know who you mean. We don't want someone to drop by, only read the last page of your thread and misunderstand.  ::)

Cheers and keep us posted, Jeff

Thanks for the encouragement and clarification Jeff!

I'll be refer to these as "500 series style knobs".

I'll give them another call.

Mike

Hi Mike!!
Just received out Tx a few days ago , thanks!!
Do you know if these in & out tx are suitable for a Mnats 1176 rev A ???
Cheers.
T.

Great!

Yes the transformers are suitable. 

In fact they are designed to be replicas of the original UTC O-12 (in) and 5002 (out).  The 1176 rev A-E used the same in/out transformers.

The MNats input PCB (A and D) has a configuration for Ed's ALTRAN C-3837-1 sold at the Hairball store.

Thanks,

Mike

I've updated the 1st post.

I'm sold out of Output transformers and Knobs (both sizes).  The output transformers and knobs will be back in stock in about 10 days.

Feel free to go ahead and order these parts if you need them.  It'll just put you first in line when the new parts arrive.

Thanks again to everyone,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Do the push button/boards you are selling work like the original ones.  ie. You can push any combination of buttons for different sounds? (ie. any 2 buttons at once or 3 or all 4)

Hi,

Yes my push buttons and PCB boards are set up just like the original 1176's.

They are interlocking (meaning as you select one...the other pops out) but if you push one or more at exactly the same time they will stick and you can combine ratio's or slam and so on (again like the original).

The switch's I use are the same ones Purple used in their early MC76's. 

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

The USPS server is experiencing intermittent downtime.  This makes it impossible to complete a purchase...they are currently working on the issue.

If it continues I may temporarily switch to flat rate shipping. 

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.  Keep trying...sometimes it works! :)

Mike

Hi Everyone,

Just an update.

I've got everything in stock again except small knobs.  They should be here late next week.  Sorry for the delay on these...I think the thanksgiving holiday set back the supplier more than I expected.  Everything is shipped except orders with small knobs...they will go out when I get the knobs.

The USPS server is still messed up but kinda working :)

If shipping options do not appear on check out...try hitting refresh a couple times.

I hope to start working on offering new products soon.

Thanks again,

Mike

Just ordered input/output x-frmrs. Nice and convenient shopping, thanks for the service.

Latest posts

Back