Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent!

For the people who ordered transformers over the weekend, those orders will go out today.

For the people who are on hold for small knobs, I just got the UPS tracking number from the company and they are arriving tomorrow.  If I get them before 2pm all orders will go out tomorrow...if I get them after 2pm all orders will go out Wednesday.

Thanks again guys!

Mike

Hi All,

Small knobs arrived today and all shipments are in the mail.  You should have received a confirmation from the Hairball computer.

Everything is in stock!

I'm running low on switchbank PCB's but more are on order and should arrive the 1st week of January.

Hopefully in the new year I will be in a position to add some more parts.

Thanks again guys!

Mike

Just an update for the people waiting on switch PCB's.

My new shipment is confirmed for arrival on January 5th.  At that point everything is in stock and all back orders will go out on January 6th.

On January 2nd new orders will ship out within 24 hours.

Any orders not involving switch PCB's are currently shipping within 24 hours.

Thanks again,

Mike

PCB's arrived early!

Everything is in stock.

All orders that were waiting on PCB's will go out first thing Friday January 2nd.

Thanks,

Mike

I use 8mm x 61mm.

That should give about 0.5mm of clearance on top and bottom and say 0.3mm on either side.

Mike

Edit: I just got a panel done.  If you want the opening tight and want to leave room for the mounting holes 8mm X 60.5mm or even 60mm might be better.

I'll post details in the mounting thread in the lab.

Hey Mike,

is your stock list automatically updated on your site? For example, if the part says "Buy now" does that mean it is in stock?

Thanks for the cutout info!
Thanks!

Hi,

Not exactly.  The problem with tracking stock is that the "fet kit" messes things up.  So if I have 50 knobs, and you buy 1 knob...that's simple enough, the software subtracts a knob from the stock.  The issue is that if you buy a kit, it has several parts and I haven't figured out how to subtract kit stock from the individual parts inventory.  Looking for a fix on that.

Usually if I'm low on stock I'll note it in the product description.  I'll always note it in the product description in big bold letters if I am back ordered.

I have plenty of everything in stock right now. :)

Mike

Placed an order for two pushbutton banks. I will be getting some knobs shortly as well. also i have have a design for the mnats pushbutton pcb's so you don't have to have caps, resistors and jumper wires on the pot's. would be cool if someone would get the boards printed out...wink, wink  ;). thanks for making the stuff available without minimums!

casrec said:
Placed an order for two pushbutton banks. I will be getting some knobs shortly as well. also i have have a design for the mnats pushbutton pcb's so you don't have to have caps, resistors and jumper wires on the pot's. would be cool if someone would get the boards printed out...wink, wink  ;). thanks for making the stuff available without minimums!

Oh ya I forgot you can do that!  I just got a new batch of PCB's so it'll be a while.  I'll look at adding this to the next batch.  Again, it'll be while. :)

Thanks,

Mike

Just a heads up.

Thanks to a tip from Ed, I should be offering 1176 power transformers shortly. (Maybe a week maybe 8 weeks...I'll keep you posted).

They should be well priced and hopefully will help save on shipping as you can order many parts you need from my store.

This year I plan to keep plugging away on the 1176 stuff...maybe even stock 1176 meters/transistors/resistors/caps and such.

Feel free to suggest parts.

Thanks again,

Mike

I was about to have an order in your shop...
I'll wait for power transformer , and for sure transistors (matched ones??? ;D)
I would suggest:
Orange drop for revA?(Very expensive)
You should name your shop : 1176' shop !!!!!
Just kiddin...
Good news! ;)

Hi All,

I've just placed an order for Multicomp 2X25 30VA dual primary toroidal transforms.

These have been used by many lab members in the past and are great for single and dual units.  I'll have 8 in stock early next week and I'll have a LARGE batch coming in early April.

I'll put them up on the site this weekend for order.  They will be available individually or as part of the kit.  Still working out the price but they will be under $20.

Still working on adding more 1176 stuff.....I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again,

Mike

Hello Mike

I've got question about the max voltage of the on/off switch.
I saw in the your wiring guide the max votage is 125 AC.
But in france we use 220v, did you think we can use it for power ON/OFF or do you advice it for the Bypass.

I hope use it for ON/OFF, i think your answer will interesting many EU user.
Thx

Hi,

Max for the switch:
Power: 50 VA
Voltage: 125VAC
Current: 0.5A

Keep in mind wiring the switch in parallel will double the amps to 1A.

EU wiring will greatly exceed the voltage, but will only be running at about 100ma (I think?) and be running way under the power max.  I've seen similar switches that say they can handle greater voltages at lower current (but I never got a solid answer from the manufacturer on this..even though I tried many times). 

Can you do use it?  Yes....but officially it's over spec.

Does that make any sense?

Mike

thanks for anwser.
for the moment, i use the off switch as GR off cause i don't find the SPDT switch/pot.
this pot is realy hard to find in France, i just find a DPST switch/pot but it miss a contact.:(

realy good ;)
i waiting for it and i order this pot and the 4 knobs for my BlackFace
Your Shop is the 1176 Shop.

Latest posts

Back