Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crisotop said:
Hey Mike,

would it be possible to order a quad-matched set of transistors for stereo operation?

Yes it would and I actually have a pair matched GR FETs within 1% with a pair of matching meter FETs within 5% ready.

Send me a PM with your shipping details and I'll send you a quote.

Thanks,

Mike

well I got the package ... not impressed!! the badge (button I think you guys call them) is only about 1 inch across, too small to be easily seen.

as for the push buttons, pcb's and VU included, bloody marvelous ;D ;D ;D thank you so very much

Iain

lofi said:
well I got the package ... not impressed!! the badge (button I think you guys call them) is only about 1 inch across, too small to be easily seen.

HaHa!  Your first line made me real nervous there for a second! ;)

Hey the Hairball Audio button/badge is free and no you can't return it! :)

Glad you like your stuff.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I´ve got my meters from the pre buy. I promise you, I won´t buy Sifams anymore. Your meters are really top notch quality. I love the scale artwork.
Thanks a lot.
regards
Bernd

Thanks!  That is great to hear.

I'm really happy with them and the manufacturer is working hard to make them even better!

Mike

Hey Mike,
    Do you have the wiring guide or that photo from Matta anymore. I think the post that you gave me a link to is no longer there. I remeber all the wipers go together, but can't remember for sure where the input and trannie goes. Thanks a lot!

Brandon

attenuator.jpg

Image by Matta.

Mike

Howdy Echo - in another thread there was mention of a possible 2u case eminating:)

Could you advise:

1)whether you will make one for dual 1176's or only mono?

2)whether you will also sell just the faceplate on its own (shipping cases overseas can be expensive:)

Kindest and thanks

Hi,

Yes I'm going through the process right now of collecting quotes and samples.  These are still at least 2 months away and probably more realistically 3 months away based on the time it will take to evaluate samples and production of the actual enclosures.

1) Mono is first on my list.  If all goes well I will tackle dual cases.  Since the design does not have the annoying lip on the top and bottom panel my plan is to also offer blank 1U and 2U cases in the future.

2) I'm working on full enclosures.  Since the enclosure incorporates a lot of specially designed internal hardware it may not work well with standard cases, especially those that have a folded lip on the top and bottom panels.  Shipping should be reasonable but I understand your concern.  Once I identify my manufacturer, I will explore the feasibility of running some extra front panels.

Hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks I'll have evaluated all the samples and have started some production.  Once this happens, I'll have an official announcement with details and pricing.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

I just ran out of large knobs.  I ordered a fresh batch a week and they will be arriving on Monday June 8th.

Feel free to order what you like from the shop, just be aware that if there are large knobs in your order it will be delayed a couple days.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike - thats great new about the cases - thanks.  This board is truly lucky to have guys like you offering stuff to us. Makes me fee less isolated.

Just wanted to post a quick public note of thanks to Mike for the care he takes packing up orders. I was very happy to find the three transformers and meter + bulbs kept safe and separate via layers of biodegradable packaging. Sometimes parts shipments come up looking less than perfect after making the trip from US to AUS.

Thanks for your efforts Mike, much appreciated  :)

Thanks!

I take great pride and care in my packaging.

Just a note for those of you who have missed it, Mako, Ed and myself are auctioning a great package to raise money for the forum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250437404561

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Guys,

The large knobs are here so everything is back in stock and shipping immediately.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

The B11148 transformer is now in stock!

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=47

I've also added the F/G kit:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=42

The transformer is a reproduction of the B11148 used in the late revision 1176's as well as the LA3A and UREI 1109.

The kit is designed to work with the new MNats 1176 PCB:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33834.0

It will also work as a great authentic alternative to use with your J boards or G1176 builds.

Thanks again,

Mike

Latest posts

Back