Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I will be creating a stereo case, however it probably will not happen until summer.  I have a few major product releases forthcoming and will need some time to recover.

In a few months, I'll set up a little survey on my site regarding the stereo enclosure since there are a few different directions we can go.  I'll probably use something like an AL-19 style meter with those and I will stock those if I do.

Thanks again,

Mike

mac said:
Hey Mike,
I shall be hitting you up for some of those sweet enclosures and rev F kits in the new year.

Quick question. Have you considered extending your HFE matching talents to the SSL 9K project? Seems to me like folks are building test jigs and the like....http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33100.60;topicseen  and since you are already versed on this kind of trickery.......

just a thought.....

Merry Christmas incase we dont speak again before 25th... ;)

Mac.

I agree with JDB.

If he's working on it I'd be more than happy to spend less time testing FETs  ;)

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

The enclosures are up for sale on the site. 

You can purchase them individually or as part of the A/D or F/G kits. 

International shipping is fairly hefty, but please be assured you are paying actual shipping (+/- $1 or so).  If ever there is a significant miscalculation, I will refund you the over charge.  The enclosures are about 8lbs packed so they must ship priority mail.  First class international mail is limited to 4lbs or less.  If anyone knows of a cheaper shipping option then USPS let me know.

I have also taken this opportunity to correct some of my pricing.  A few things are now cheaper, but I'm sure you will see there have been some price increases.  This was unavoidable.  When I first started I had no idea what I was doing (still don't) and I did not price properly.  With the markup I had, there was no way to keep the business going.  Please keep in mind my prices still have a markup way below what is standard.  I hope you guys understand and this should allow me to continue to grow and offer exciting products for years to come.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for all your hard work Mike!  I'll be purchasing a couple from you shortly.  I have one question though.  Would it still be possible to get a kit w/enclosure, but without a meter option?  I saw that you took down the option to do that. 

phatmateo said:
Thanks for all your hard work Mike!  I'll be purchasing a couple from you shortly.  I have one question though.  Would it still be possible to get a kit w/enclosure, but without a meter option?  I saw that you took down the option to do that. 

I took that down because 95% of people who ordered kits also got the meter (maybe a bad idea?).

Shoot me an email, we'll work something out.

Mike

Just ordered one, can't wait.  Now if I can stop playing the Xbox my wife bought me for Christmas I can finish the darn compressor!

Hi Guys,

You can now add MNATS PCB's to your Kit order!

When ordering an A/D or F kit you will see an option at the bottom to add the appropriate PCB set.

Please Note
Your PCB's will still ship from MNATS in Austrailia

This should help to make ordering the parts you need a little easier. 

Thanks to MNATS and Happy New Year!

Mike

Here's my Rev A project almost complete, waiting on a few small parts to get her going.

UTC O-12, input, EA 5002 on the output.

Here's a few shots of the work in progress.

The beauty shot.

1176RevBuild-1.jpg

Some inside shots

1176RevBuild-2.jpg

1176RevBuild-3.jpg

1176RevBuild-4.jpg

Mike's enclosure is top notch, all the parts fit flawlessly, it's easy to work inside of and looks
killer when it's finished.

I'm waiting on some Neutrik D connectors, IEC connector, heatsinks, some 4/40 screws and some 47uf/50v caps and she will live.

Soon...

Mark

3nity said:
Mike does the toroidal fits into a 1U rack?
Thank you.

Hi Jorge,

I don't have a 1U rack to check, but the toroid is about 32mm high.  If the inside of the 1U is 35mm or greater you should be ok.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Guys,

The shipping was a bit messed up on my site (user error) for enclosures and kits with enclosures.  For some orders, notably ones with 2+ enclosures/kits, some of you were overcharged.  In some cases quite a bit!

All the shipments with enclosures are now shipped and anyone who overpaid for shipping has been sent a refund for the difference.

So if you were thinking about buying something and were a little put off by the shipping, try again.  I think I have it all fixed!

Thanks again,

Mike

Latest posts

Back