Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeeez Mike....dont make it too easy .....

isnt spending every night after work on the computer looking endlessly at electronics supplier databases....... and having hundreds of leftover resistors just part of the learning experience????

(awesome work)... ;D

Mac

Hi All,

Lots of fun stuff!

Enclosures
I'm out of enclosures.  I have a new batch of the "blackface" enclosures on the way as well as a batch of "bluestripe" enclosures.  These should be arriving around the first week of March.  I had to return a few enclosures from the first batch and work with the metal shop to make sure all the enclosures were perfect on the next run.  Unfortunately, this means a little more time on their side and cost increase for me.  The pricing for the next run should be $140 for the blackface (up $10 which is my cost increase) and $150 for the bluestripe (extra screen color).

You can still go ahead and order the original enclosure at the old price for the next few weeks if you like.  Your order will ship when they arrive and I will increase the price at that point.  I will not be taking advance orders on the bluestripe as I have not seen the final run yet.

Switches
I'm VERY happy to announce I am carrying a new brand of switch.  I think they are higher quality and the good news is they are cheaper!  Switches now cost about half what they used to.  You also now have the option of ordering a switchbank with a proper power switch!  I'm very happy about that.

You can see them here:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=28

I also have red caps now for those of you looking for that late revision look.  I'll have those up shortly and they work with the old switches and the new switches.

The switch decrease should off set the enclosure increase and enable the full kit to remain the same price.  Those of you with kits on backorder and receiving the new switches will get a small refund. I'll sort that out when the small knobs arrive (hopefully this week!)

Attenuator PCB
Sometimes the simplest idea can be a great one!  MNATS has saved a lot of future headaches by providing the layout for a PCB to wire the input attenuator.  It takes care of linking the middle lugs and provides wiring pads.

Check it out:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=54

Jeff over at Classic API will carry them as well.

I think that's it!

Thanks,

Mike

pacemaker said:
same for my order ?

I'm not sure what order is yours.  Send me an email info at hairballaudio dot com.

It it hasn't shipped yet, you are getting the new switches.

Mike

Too bad I didn't get the info about the new switches earlier, I would've waited them out.
I'll have to make a new order then  :)

involver said:
Is the Rev D Hairball BOM missing a 2k trimmer for zero adjust (R71)?

The BOM includes Clarostat part 53C22K, a panel mount 2k pot, which fits nicely on the front panel of the Hairball cases using the included bracket. This makes the zero adjust accessible without opening up the box.  ;)

::Edited::

By the way Mike, I just ordered one of those nifty new PCBs for the input attenuator. Shipping is twice as much as the board itself, ha. Maybe you could just drop it in an envelope and slap a stamp on.  ;D

Brolik said:
involver said:
Is the Rev D Hairball BOM missing a 2k trimmer for zero adjust (R71)?

The BOM includes Clarostat part 53C22K, a panel mount 2k pot, which fits nicely on the front panel of the Hairball cases using the included bracket. This makes the zero adjust accessible without opening up the box.  ;)

Aha - didn't spot that. Makes sense. The trimmer printed on the PCB was what confused matters. Thanks for clearing that up!  ;)

Brolik said:
By the way Mike, I just ordered one of those nifty new PCBs for the input attenuator. Shipping is twice as much as the board itself, ha. Maybe you could just drop it in an envelope and slap a stamp on.  ;D

Yes it's a problem I haven't sorted out yet.

The shipping software assumes everything is in a box and adds that weight.  It will go in an envelope and you will get a refund when it ships in the next day or so.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm not too worried about it. I just thought it was funny. At least it isn't $8 shipping like Mouser.

Ordered an enclosure & VU !

(I can wait till 7th March)

It will look better than my 'ghetto' style DIY.

Regards
Mike

Futureman said:
Ordered an enclosure & VU !

(I can wait till 7th March)

It will look better than my 'ghetto' style DIY.

Regards
Mike

Thanks!

For the record I love ghetto style DIY too ;)

Mike

Hi Guys,

VU's and knobs are on the way and should be here by the weekend.

All backorders should ship this weekend, with the exception of the 1 or 2 new people waiting on the next round of enclosures.  You'll get an email with your shipping info.

Thanks for your patiences guys!

Mike

Echo North said:
VU's and knobs are on the way and should be here by the weekend.

Scratch that.  One of my parcels got mishandled and has been rescheduled for a Tuesday delivery.  Everything should start going out Wednesday.

Apologies for the delay.

Mike

Back