Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike, I want to pre-order some parts, but it won't let me check out as the input transformers are not in stock.

(I don't mind waiting, just want to order a blue stripe case + input tranny, output tranny, knobs, switches, vu)

[Already got attenuator]

Regards
Mike

I'm trying not to sell stuff I do not have in stock (input transformers).

Send me an email and I'll work it out for you.

Mike

info at hairballaudio dot com

Mike

Hey mike! I checked out your site last night and looked at that mouser BOM for the rev D. is that current?

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be ordering some AL19WF type meters soon in anticipation of my dual enclosure (still a few month away).  This is the smaller version of the meter I already sell. I'd be into stocking more meters, send me an email - info at hairballaudio dot com - if you're looking for a particular style and if there is enough interest I'll stock them soon.  I'd like to just do one big order.

Thanks,

Mike

I think it would be money  if you could get some small AL19 sized meters with the black faced white needle and scale. As a inexpensive option to the no longer available Director 14 for GSSL and other compressor builds. Since I recently learned that the ballistics were tighter on the Director that would be a bonus as well.

Cheers,

Kaz

BTW I'm ordering up the additional card finally.I'll let you know how well it works in a few weeks.

kazper said:
I think it would be money  if you could get some small AL19 sized meters with the black faced white needle and scale. As a inexpensive option to the no longer available Director 14 for GSSL and other compressor builds. Since I recently learned that the ballistics were tighter on the Director that would be a bonus as well.

Cheers,

Kaz

BTW I'm ordering up the additional card finally.I'll let you know how well it works in a few weeks.

Nice suggestion!  I'll add that to my list.

Mike

mpc3000limited said:
I second that for more PPM14/ AL19 size and type meters.

Cool keep the suggestion coming.

I'll order a bunch of samples in a few days and I hope to act on this fairly quickly.

Mike

Tossing out a idea of a few different mounting bezels for the meters you already stock plus the new common sized ones if you can supply them separately. Hopefully to help open the use of them up for other projects and keep them competitive with the big boys.

Sifam is in a mess with there factory move, so it's a great time.

BTW the I/O card is ordered up and I should have it in a couple weeks.

kazper said:
Tossing out a idea of a few different mounting bezels for the meters you already stock plus the new common sized ones if you can supply them separately. Hopefully to help open the use of them up for other projects and keep them competitive with the big boys.

Sifam is in a mess with there factory move, so it's a great time.

BTW the I/O card is ordered up and I should have it in a couple weeks.

Ya I agree.  I want to have a good collection of meters for general DIY use.

Keep me posted on the project!

Mike

Hey Mike

Do you got an aprox. time where you will have the 1166 transformer in stock??

I'll probably be in for a couple :)

- Frederik

frederikkofoed said:
Hey Mike

Do you got an aprox. time where you will have the 1166 transformer in stock??

I'll probably be in for a couple :)

- Frederik

The full size?  Hopefully within a month (it's in production now).  The 500 series...a little longer.

Mike

frederikkofoed said:
Will the full size be to fit to be in a 1u case??

- Frederik

I'll need to scan through my documents but I think it should.  I want to say it's the same size as the 5002 which people have reported fits into a 1U.

Mike

yes the full size 1166 type transformer will NOT have a turret board on top, just leads, so it should fit in most (if not all) 1RU cases no problem.  mike is right that it is almost exactly the same size as the 5002 transformer that he already sells, so if you have one of those you can use it for a size model.

i'll try to get mike a datasheet on both the full size and mini 1166 soon, so that everyone can know what they are getting.

ed

Mike, your FET enclosure/front panel is by far the best I have come across.

Is there any chance you could sell the enclosure alone, for use with other projects?

thank you for your continued professionalism.

envelope said:
Mike, your FET enclosure/front panel is by far the best I have come across.

Is there any chance you could sell the enclosure alone, for use with other projects?

thank you for your continued professionalism.

+1 :)

Latest posts

Back