Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
envelope said:
Mike, your FET enclosure/front panel is by far the best I have come across.

Is there any chance you could sell the enclosure alone, for use with other projects?

thank you for your continued professionalism.

Without a front panel or with a blank front panel?

I've thought about selling plain 1U and 2U enclosures though it's a bit tricky to meet a good price point.  Thinking about it.

I've also been thinking about offering 1176 front panels for a while (with no case to help shipping cost).  The trick is that enclosure manufactures use different mounting hole spacings.  The only thing I can think to do is to sell the front panel without the 4 holes that mount it to the enclosure.  You would need to drill those yourself to fit your style of enclosure.

The panel would come with the PEM switch mounting inserts and brackets.  I could offer these fairly quickly and at a great price.  I just need to know people are ok with drilling four mounting holes.

If there is interest I could order them this week.

Mike

I think it would be good to sell the case exactly the way it is but with no front-panel at all so someone can customize that to their liking.

Yes, I've got a older build that could use some of your front panel goodness Mike. The case is already drilled and functioning, but I'd like to update the inards which is an early REV J with a new board and your transformers.

Four holes, big deal! I'd rather have a little work than have holes that don't line up, been there, done that.

Buying just the panel leaves more cash for other goodies.  8)

Mark

Echo North said:
envelope said:
Mike, your FET enclosure/front panel is by far the best I have come across.
Is there any chance you could sell the enclosure alone, for use with other projects?
thank you for your continued professionalism.
Without a front panel or with a blank front panel?
I've thought about selling plain 1U and 2U enclosures though it's a bit tricky to meet a good price point.  Thinking about it.

I was thinking with no front panel. - Your 18 gauge powder coated steel chassis, with machine screws cinch-nuts and countersunk holes. It is perfect. 

1176 input transformers are back in stock!

1176 VU meters are now out of stock!  I have more arriving May 10th.  You can still order them but shipping will be delayed.

Mike

Hi All,

I get a lot of requests from EU/AUS for attack pots with SPDT switches on them.  I know it costs a TON for them to have the mouser part shipped in.

As a short term solution I will be stocking the Mouser (alpha) part starting next week.  It will be a little more expensive than mouser, but will save the international buyers a lot on shipping.

Long term, I would like to stock custom pots for the entire build.  I have this all figured out but it is not cheap, so it's on the back burner for now.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

I should have blackface enclosures in stock at the end of next week.  I should also have some more info on new VU offerings.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Guys,

Here is the attack pot with switch:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=57

These are a little cheaper through mouser and is part of the preset mouser cart.  However, these were added at the request of several Euro customers who wanted to avoid heavy mouser shipping fees.

Thanks,

Mike

Echo North said:
I've also been thinking about offering 1176 front panels for a while (with no case to help shipping cost).  The trick is that enclosure manufactures use different mounting hole spacings.  The only thing I can think to do is to sell the front panel without the 4 holes that mount it to the enclosure.  You would need to drill those yourself to fit your style of enclosure.

The panel would come with the PEM switch mounting inserts and brackets.  I could offer these fairly quickly and at a great price.  I just need to know people are ok with drilling four mounting holes.

Mike

I'd be very interested in buying front panels only. I have 4 1176s that would look infinitely better with your panels. Being in Australia lowering shipping costs is very attractive. I'm going to buy your kits for some new ones, once they're back in stock.

Are you still planning to do the dual version?

Greg Dixon said:
I'd be very interested in buying front panels only. I have 4 1176s that would look infinitely better with your panels. Being in Australia lowering shipping costs is very attractive. I'm going to buy your kits for some new ones, once they're back in stock.

Are you still planning to do the dual version?

I'm working with my manufacturer now on the frontpanel/bracket only package.  The quoting process always takes longer then I want.  I hope to have some news/price/delivery date next week.

Yes I'm starting the design process now.  It'll be a few months though.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Hairyball,

Any word on the output iron for the 1084 EQN project?

The satisfaction of being on the other end of a question like this is very rewarding!!! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Cheers, Jeff

I need to get an update from Ed.  I *think* they are in production.  I'll find out for sure and post an update asap.

Hey Classic APeeI guy!

Any word on 51X power tx's?  ;)

Mike

you guys.... :D

BTW: just want to give a thumbs up to mike for his great service - i recently received a package of parts, i'm pleased to see how well things were packed and the minimal use of plastic in the packaging, prompt delivery and of course the parts are top notch and very reasonably priced.

i sound like an ad  ;D

jsteiger said:
Hey Hairyball,

Any word on the output iron for the 1084 EQN project?

The satisfaction of being on the other end of a question like this is very rewarding!!! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Cheers, Jeff

Hopefully there will be some stock in about a week. 

I should have some solid news next week.

I can tell you they are in production so it's only a matter of time.

Mike

Back