Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo North said:
It's all Ed's hard work!

I just put stuff in boxes  ;)

1176 Panels
Pricing looks like it will be very good.  This will be a finished panel only (with PEM standoffs) and switch/zero adjust brackets.

Mike

Fantastic. That's great news. Any idea when the first of them will be available?

Greg Dixon said:
Echo North said:
It's all Ed's hard work!

1176 Panels
Pricing looks like it will be very good.  This will be a finished panel only (with PEM standoffs) and switch/zero adjust brackets.

Mike

Fantastic. That's great news. Any idea when the first of them will be available?

Usual lead time is 6 weeks.  I need to sort through a few things first (I have a bunch of products in the mail/in the works now) but I'll have something solid by the end of this week.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, great news about the 1166 TX.
I have a couple questions about the "normal" version...

Are they built by altran ?
Do they have the U mounting bracket ?
Are they 200/600r (primariy/secondary) or 50r/600r ?

Thank you very much !

Echo North said:
Greg Dixon said:
Echo North said:
It's all Ed's hard work!

1176 Panels

Mike

Usual lead time is 6 weeks.  I need to sort through a few things first (I have a bunch of products in the mail/in the works now) but I'll have something solid by the end of this week.

Thanks,

Mike

Neeno said:
Hey Mike, great news about the 1166 TX.
I have a couple questions about the "normal" version...

Are they built by altran ?
Yes.  Originally Altran had expressed interest in having me carrying their stock transformers.  After thinking through it with Ed, we decided the stock transformers could be improved and we moved forward with creating an better gapped output more in tune with the 1166.  Ed has been working very hard on these and I'm excited to be able to offer them.
Do they have the U mounting bracket ?
I believe so but I'll need Ed to confirm.
Are they 200/600r (primariy/secondary) or 50r/600r ?
Both! Check out this link for technical and wiring info.
http://www.technicalaudio.com/reading/neve_xfmrs/neve_edo7113.html
Thank you very much !

Thank you!

Mike

1166 Update

Hi Guys,

The word from the manufacturer is that both the full size and the mini 1166 are shipping to me next Friday (May 14th).  Keep in mind they will take another 4 days to get to me.

I apologize for the delay and let's hope this is the last one!

Thanks again to Ed for all the hard work and general awesomeness.

Mike

Cool !
So the primaries are configurable... great !
Do you have a picture and a mechanical drawing of the transformer ?

P.S.: keep a pair for me !
Thank you.

Echo North said:
1166 Update

Hi Guys,

The word from the manufacturer is that both the full size and the mini 1166 are shipping to me next Friday (May 14th).  Keep in mind they will take another 4 days to get to me.

I apologize for the delay and let's hope this is the last one!

Thanks again to Ed for all the hard work and general awesomeness.

Mike

Neeno said:
Cool !

P.S.: keep a pair for me !
Thank you.

Not  yet, but soon!  ;)

Will it become cheaper to buy the transformers for the Laz1084 eq, if you buy more than 1 to be shipped to Australia?

Neeno said:

actually, after some testing i decided it was best to only make the secondaries configurable.  the primaries need to be in series (like a real LO1166 in a 1084) for the transformer to work well in the 1084 circuit.  so the brown and red leads are the primaries connected in series inside the coil.  the other two pairs of wires (green - blue and purple - gray) are the secondaries.  put them in series to get the original gain, or you can split them up for dual outputs with reduced gain, etc.

the mini 1166 is exactly the same size as an api 2503 output transformer, so if you have one of those you can use it as a reference.

the full size 1166 does have eight wires for access to all four windings.

ed

canidoit said:
Will it become cheaper to buy the transformers for the Laz1084 eq, if you buy more than 1 to be shipped to Australia?

I should mention that sales of the mini 1166 are being limited to people who purchased LAZ1084 kits for this first run.  If you purchased 1 kit you can buy 1 mini 1166, if you bought 2 you can buy 2 and so on.

Once things catch up they will be available for general DIY.  Peter, Ed and I just want to make sure all the people waiting to finish their kits are covered.

Thanks,

Mike

silent:arts and myself are planning to order together to reduce shipping costs, once these mini 1166 arrive. any other EQN builders from berlin - or willing to collect from berlin - wanna join us?

(I hope it's ok to post this in your thread, mike?)

briomusic said:
silent:arts and myself are planning to order together to reduce shipping costs, once these mini 1166 arrive. any other EQN builders from berlin - or willing to collect from berlin - wanna join us?

(I hope it's ok to post this in your thread, mike?)

No problem at all, post away.

Anyone from Australia, up to save on shipping for the EQN1084 transformers message me, so we can work out how to do this?

Thanks

Echo North said:
AL-19/PPM 14 Type VU'
  Here is what is in production:
- 1ma/600ohm linearish (the sifam is not perfectly linear either) meter with B style bezel and white needle (SSL Scale)
- Standard VU with B style bezel and Hairball retro VU scale
- Standard VU with WF style bezel and Hairball retro VU scale
Mike

Hello Mike, I am hoping to use one of your new 1mA meters for use with Dan's 2254C case. Have you arrived at a price yet, and would the rear cutout dimensions be the same as the Sifam AL19B? the attached picture is of Dan's case.  Thank you.

Attachments

• 2254C_1Uw.jpg
    2254C_1Uw.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back