Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
envelope said:
Echo North said:
AL-19/PPM 14 Type VU'
  Here is what is in production:
- 1ma/600ohm linearish (the sifam is not perfectly linear either) meter with B style bezel and white needle (SSL Scale)
- Standard VU with B style bezel and Hairball retro VU scale
- Standard VU with WF style bezel and Hairball retro VU scale
Mike

Hello Mike, I am hoping to use one of your new 1mA meters for use with Dan's 2254C case. Have you arrived at a price yet, and would the rear cutout dimensions be the same as the Sifam AL19B? the attached picture is of Dan's case.  Thank you.

Price: $25(ish)

It has the same hole size as the 19B (27mm).  According to the datasheet 19B has mounting holes on the diagonal, where this meter has them on the horizontal (like Dan's case).  It should fit perfect!

You can refer to the cutout diagram here to confirm 100%.
http://hairballaudio.com/docs/meters/8027-B.pdf

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

1176 VU meters (LED and Lamp) and B11148's outputs are back in stock!

The only things currently out of stock are 5002 outputs and attenuators.  I should have both in the next 2 weeks.

Hopefully I'll have some good news on 1166's soon!  :)

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike
I posted a message on your shop about the al19 vumeter style, but no respons, so do you know when it will be available.

Many thanks

Kamel

Kamel said:
Hi Mike
I posted a message on your shop about the al19 vumeter style, but no respons, so do you know when it will be available.

Many thanks

Kamel

Oops sorry I missed that!

They will be in stock around mid June.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Attenuators and 5002's are back in stock.  As far as the 1176 kits are concerned all is currently in stock.

I'll get all the backorders out by Monday.

Unfortunately, the 1166's (both sizes) have not shipped.  There was a supply shortage with the manufacturer.  I know this is frustrating for those of you waiting to complete your builds.  Ed is working very hard to get them shipped ASAP.  Hopefully this week.  They are very very close.

The mini's will be under $30 for the first run.

Once I get a confirm I will post.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all,

Good news!  :)

Looks like the mini 1166's shipped on Friday.  They should take about a week to arrive.

Hopefully I'll have them in hand this Friday.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

-Looks like the full size 1166's are still a couple weeks a way.  I'll let you know when I hear anything.

-The mini 1166's should be in stock this Friday.

-Black front panel/bracket only kits have been ordered for those of you looking to save on enclosure shipping.  They should be in-stock in about 5 weeks.  They will be roughly 1/2 the cost of the full enclosure.  Obviously they will be a lot cheaper to ship to you.

Thanks,

Mike

Echo North said:
Hi,

-Looks like the full size 1166's are still a couple weeks a way.  I'll let you know when I hear anything.

-The mini 1166's should be in stock this Friday.

-Black front panel/bracket only kits have been ordered for those of you looking to save on enclosure shipping.  They should be in-stock in about 5 weeks.  They will be roughly 1/2 the cost of the full enclosure.  Obviously they will be a lot cheaper to ship to you.

Thanks,

Mike

Great. Thanks Mike. That should lower the cost substantially.

Hi All,

The mini 1166's should be up for sale on the site by about 7pm PDT today.

Keep in mind for this first run you can only buy one if you have purchased a 1084 kit from Peter.

Thanks again for your patience guys.

Mike

Echo North said:
Hi All,

The mini 1166's should be up for sale on the site by about 7pm PDT today.

Keep in mind for this first run you can only buy one if you have purchased a 1084 kit from Peter.

Thanks again for your patience guys.

Mike
Just curious Hairyball, how will the store software distinguish if the buyer has ordered a kit from Mr. PP? Or will that be a manual over ride that you will have to handle?

I have to get a pair and just am wondering, that is all.

Cheers Mike!
You Rock!  8)

jsteiger said:
Just curious Hairyball, how will the store software distinguish if the buyer has ordered a kit from Mr. PP? Or will that be a manual over ride that you will have to handle?

I have to get a pair and just am wondering, that is all.

Cheers Mike!
You Rock!  8)

It'll be manual.  Once the first round of kit buyers get their units I will keep them in stock for everyone who wants them.  I suspect they will start popping up in other projects.

I'll post some instructions, but basically when you check out, put your username in the comment box and I'll check it against the list PP sent me.  If you're not on the list the order will be refunded.

The only automatic process I have is to identify the username "jsteiger" which then charges 5X the shipping costs, adds a $23.43 for "handling" and loses the order for 6 weeks.  :p

Mike

Echo North said:
...The only automatic process I have is to identify the username "jsteiger" which then charges 5X the shipping costs, adds a $23.43 for "handling" and loses the order for 6 weeks.  :p

Mike
Cool Mike. You will exceed my expectations by far that way!  ;D  ::)

Jeff  :D  ;)

jsteiger said:
Echo North said:
...The only automatic process I have is to identify the username "jsteiger" which then charges 5X the shipping costs, adds a $23.43 for "handling" and loses the order for 6 weeks.  :p

Mike
Cool Mike. You will exceed my expectations by far that way!  ;D  ::)

Jeff  :D  ;)

I should also mention that I will be shipping your order to my brother in Canada, who will then ship it to you with 30X the customs value noted.

...I should also mention that I will be shipping your order to my brother in Canada, who will then ship it to you with 30X the customs value noted.
Again, very good of you.  :D  BTW, is that PTownkid? I guess I didn't know you two were brothers eh?

jsteiger said:
...I should also mention that I will be shipping your order to my brother in Canada, who will then ship it to you with 30X the customs value noted.
Again, very good of you.  :D  BTW, is that PTownkid? I guess I didn't know you two were brothers eh?

No my brother's not a lab member.  He deals exclusively in screwing you over. ;)

Hi All,

Here are the mini 1166's:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=58

Please remember you must have purchased a EQN 1084 kit to purchase. When you check out please include your groupdiy user name in the comments box.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I wanted to be first for these. I remember you telling me first customer to complete his 1166-500 order gets a free pair! Maybe I shoulda ask you..."a pair a what?"

Anyhow, my order is complete. Did you ship them yet?

Just having fun! Thanks to yourself, Ed and Peter for this great project.

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
Hi Mike,

I wanted to be first for these. I remember you telling me first customer to complete his 1166-500 order gets a free pair! Maybe I shoulda ask you..."a pair a what?"

Anyhow, my order is complete. Did you ship them yet?

Just having fun! Thanks to yourself, Ed and Peter for this great project.

Cheers, Jeff

That must be you that placed the first order and didn't put his username in the comment box.  :)

Back