Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mitsos said:
hey mike, took a quick look but didn't see it on the site. Do you have mechanical drawings for the switches? I'd like to build a pushbutton comp and am getting a faceplate made, need to know where to drill/tap the mounting holes.
thanks!

Hi,

The two mounting holes are centered on the top and bottom of the switch chassis.  They are 3.2mm/0.126" in diameter (#4).  They are 65mm/2.56" apart again centered on the cutout vertically and horizontally.

I use a 2.375" x 0.325" panel cutout.

Let me know if you need anything else, I can whip a sketch together.

Mike

has anybody compared the EA-1116 to a carnhill?? would that sound nearby? i tried some chinesse that wont compare!
Mike sorry to ask this here but whats the price for shipping this transformer to montreal?
Thanks.

Jorge Aristondo.

3nity said:
has anybody compared the EA-1116 to a carnhill?? would that sound nearby? i tried some chinesse that wont compare!
Mike sorry to ask this here but whats the price for shipping this transformer to montreal?
Thanks.

Jorge Aristondo.

Hi Jorge,

If you toss the transformer in your cart and start the check out, it will give you a real time quote.  You won't be committed to buy.  I would guess about $8 1st class to Canada.

The EA-1166 was designed around the original Marinair LO-1166 not a Carnill transformer.  They are made in the USA to Ed Anderson's strict specifications.  Ed has been developing this transformer for over a year and has gone through several revisions.  Ed may be able to provide more insight into the development of the transformer and history.

These were recently released, but hopefully soon some users can provide their thoughts on how it compares to the original Marinair part or Carnhill's take on the Marinair.

Mike

Cool i just paid for 1!!!
Cant wait to test it!
Thanks again Mike.

I'll post pix when i'll be done with this project using the EA-1116.

Jorge.

3nity said:
Cool i just paid for 1!!!
Cant wait to test it!
Thanks again Mike.

I'll post pix when i'll be done with this project using the EA-1116.

Jorge.

Awesome.  I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Mike

Hi Guys,

For those of you who have been asking, all of the EA audio transformers now have "Technical and Dimensional Info" links on their product pages.

Thanks,

Mike

One question regarding the 1166.
Does it have to be loaded on secs just like the orginal?
Thanks

3nity said:
One question regarding the 1166.
Does it have to be loaded on secs just like the orginal?
Thanks

Ed mentioned using the original zobel network as a starting point (0.01uf/1.5kohm).  Adjust to suit your needs.

Mike

Damn that was fast Mike. My meter came today, guess you don't believe in taking the weekend off huh? Your promptness is always appreciated.

Brolik said:
Damn that was fast Mike. My meter came today, guess you don't believe in taking the weekend off huh? Your promptness is always appreciated.

Thanks!

It's really important to me that orders get out fast.  I actually spent 3 days in the hospital last week with a hand infection (don't break up a dog and cat fight) and got the orders mostly out on time ;)

Oh look!  1mA meters with WF style bezel:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=64

Mike

Hi Mike!

I've got your small meter at hand but can't tell which solder lugs are for leds (bigger ones?) and which for meter (smaller ones?). Didn't find info on your site. Thanks! 8)

The full size are in stock.  As for the 500 series size I'll have to check.  Hopefully before the end of the month.

Thanks,

Mike

Stock Stuff:

-5002's are back in stock!
-Attenuators are out of stock.  Should be about 2 weeks(ish) on those.
-Looks like I may have 500-1166 at the end of next week. 

Thanks!

Mike

Looks like I'll have attenuators in the next day or so.

Blue Stripe cases should be back late next week.

Oh!  Hairball is on facebook if you're into that:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hairball-Audio/150095248339927

Please "Like" us.

Mike

Latest posts

Back