Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at AES too but have'nt seen the HB logo on anyone yet, will be there on Sunday
hope to meet if possible. Would like to chat.

So darn glad there is a USA source for the Radar Ltd. type Iron now. This should stop the
pocket bleeding when trying to get the right iron vs. original stuff. Tired of gettin
wiped out against the USD vs. GBP exhange rate and high shipping costs.

When a L01173 ungapped and 31267 line are added to the line up then I'll be a customer
for life around here. So far the recent classic iron additions are absolutely great to see.

suggestion: keep dimensions on the Radar Ltd. remakes so the whole line is compatible in 1RU cases.

THANKS ED & MIKE FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE ,  KEEP IT COMIN.

Also, Interested in the 100uA wf meters , but don't know what to expect for ballistics.
Has this been a issue on vintage projects like a 33609, 2254, TG  etc ?

Hi,

I flew out early Sunday morning.  Sadly I carried around a backpack all weekend which covered the logo. 

31267 is in the works!  I'll talk to Ed about the LO1173.

I think you'll be very pleased with the size of the 10468.

The 1mA isn't ballisticly (making up words?) as good as the larger meter I stock.  I think a lot of it has to do with the short scale.  That said it's still decent and I haven't heard an complaints from SSL or 33609 users. You could try one out and return it if you don't like it.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

Just got a shipment of the LA-3A/5A knobs in today.  Stock updated.

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=49

Mike

Any word on the SB-3A enclosure punched/drilled accordingly for Rukus' kit?  Or will ptownkid handle that?

I'm in for the meters and knobs - I'll keep checking back until you have the package listed on your site.  I know I for one prefer to get as many items from as few sources as possible to keep things straight (I was already confusing you and rukus on the SSL!  :eek:  Sorry about that).

I also saw the updated Ratio Board BOM for the 1176 A 1.2.5 - Thanks!  :-*  I can't wait to get the PCB's from mnats - hopefully they shipped as scheduled...

Rock and Roll  8)

Randyman... said:
Any word on the SB-3A enclosure punched/drilled accordingly for Rukus' kit?  Or will ptownkid handle that?

I'm in for the meters and knobs - I'll keep checking back until you have the package listed on your site.  I know I for one prefer to get as many items from as few sources as possible to keep things straight (I was already confusing you and rukus on the SSL!  :eek:  Sorry about that).

I also saw the updated Ratio Board BOM for the 1176 A 1.2.5 - Thanks!  :-*  I can't wait to get the PCB's from mnats - hopefully they shipped as scheduled...

Rock and Roll  8)

Looks like I'll have the bundle sooner than expected, probably next week.  I'll post here when it's up.

I won't be doing an enclosure.  There are a few different people working on DIY enclosures and I'm sure there will be word on those soon.

Thanks!

Mike

any news about the EA-10468??
Or about the L31267...EA said he was working on it but who knows how long...
Thanks.

3nity said:
Thanks.

The EA-10468's are here, I'm staring at them right now.  Ed needs to test one first to make sure they pass.  He's working on it and once he gives me the go ahead they'll be up for sale.  Things are super busy and we both want to make sure they are 100% before selling them.  Very soon!

L31267 - no date yet.  Not before the holidays for sure.

Thanks!

Mike

Echo North said:
3nity said:
Thanks.

The EA-10468's are here, I'm staring at them right now.  Ed needs to test one first to make sure they pass.  He's working on it and once he gives me the go ahead they'll be up for sale.  Things are super busy and we both want to make sure they are 100% before selling them.  Very soon!

L31267 - no date yet.  Not before the holidays for sure.

Thanks!

Mike

Can we get a sneak peak... or just a the look like the Carnhills or look like X.....

kazper said:
Can we get a sneak peak... or just a the look like the Carnhills or look like X.....

For you Kevin?  Ok  ;)

1.38" square x 1" high.  Nice and small with thread mounting holes on the bottom.

10468-1.jpg

Threaded holes:
10468-2.jpg

Mike

Sweet. i like the case, colour and the flying lead its sweet.
Thanks Mike.
Can i buy one??

Hello Mike,

I like to change the output xfrm of my gyraf 1176 to have the same gain as the original.
I don't know each transformer?
Can you give me the good number to order.
thx
creal

creal said:
Hello Mike,

I like to change the output xfrm of my gyraf 1176 to have the same gain as the original.
I don't know each transformer?
Can you give me the good number to order.
thx
creal

You want the 11148.

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=47

Mike

EA-10468's are up for sale!

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=76

That is a special price for a few weeks.  The long term price will be about $5 more.

Thanks,

Mike

Back