Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,
I am very thankful for having found this forum of information. I am building the Hairball 1176 kit and have a question as I gather my parts. Can anyone identify by part number, the Molex PCB connectors MNATS uses in his wiring instructions. They appear on the Ratio Board and Meter Circuit.
I hope to be able to contribute to this group in the future.

For the 2-1176 where can enclosures be bought?  I am sure I saw somewhere selling them but maybe I am wrong, and can't quite put my finger on it.

Hi Folks,
I am very thankful for having found this forum of information. I am building the Hairball 1176 kit and have a question as I gather my parts. Can anyone identify by part number, the Molex PCB connectors MNATS uses in his wiring instructions. They appear on the Ratio Board and Meter Circuit.
I hope to be able to contribute to this group in the future.

There are 3 parts.

The header  (Mouser Part #:538-22-23-2061)
The housing (Mouser Part #:538-22-01-2067)
The pins: (Mouser Part #538-08-50-0114)

Mike

electron monkey said:
For the 2-1176 where can enclosures be bought?  I am sure I saw somewhere selling them but maybe I am wrong, and can't quite put my finger on it.

Dan at collectivecases.com will have them soon.

He also has a WM thread.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Black enclosures will be back in stock Jan. 6th.

Blue Stripes will be about 1 week later.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Question regarding the Blue Stripes...  is it possible to reserve one, I tried to 'checkout' and with the 'out of stock' it won't let me. 

Do we have to wait until stock is actually 'In' or can I paypal you some $fundage now for a REv A bundle/enclosure (bluestripe)

Thanks
Ben

Good news is kit and mouser order arrived today.

Bad news is mouser order has 3 things back ordered one of which I think is a capacitor, March is the date they expect it, which is a long time to wait, and I am not sure whether you can contact them and get a suitable replacement part?

electron monkey said:
Good news is kit and mouser order arrived today.

Bad news is mouser order has 3 things back ordered one of which I think is a capacitor, March is the date they expect it, which is a long time to wait, and I am not sure whether you can contact them and get a suitable replacement part?

There is always a suitable replacement.  Check the BOM to see if there is one listed.  Also have a look at the Substitution Guide:
http://hairballaudio.com/docs/SubGuide.pdf

Mike

MicDaddy said:
Hey Mike,

Question regarding the Blue Stripes...  is it possible to reserve one, I tried to 'checkout' and with the 'out of stock' it won't let me. 

Do we have to wait until stock is actually 'In' or can I paypal you some $fundage now for a REv A bundle/enclosure (bluestripe)

Thanks
Ben

Hi,

Yes you have to wait until they are in stock.  They should be here late next week, I'll have an exact date soon.  I don't pre sell things anymore because you never know what can happen, especially with metal work.

The blackface enclosures will be up later tonight assuming they pass HB inspection.

Mike

Looks like there are a few long term issues with the mouser carts (obsolete/long lead times).  All easily fixed.

I'll get them cleaned up by Saturday.

Mike

REV D I am making.

On the ratio PCB there is clearly R1-R10, does that correlate to the R1-10 on the main PCB? OR is it just co-incidence, if this is the case, what are the values of the ratio board R1-R10? 

Also.

Could be a glitch, but I definitely only ordered one 3.6k resistor, the shipping confirmation says 2 were sent for some reason (and 2 are needed), and only 1 arrived. Saying QTY:1 so one isn't just lost in packing.  Just a heads up before you amend the carts.

electron monkey said:
REV D I am making.

On the ratio PCB there is clearly R1-R10, does that correlate to the R1-10 on the main PCB? OR is it just co-incidence, if this is the case, what are the values of the ratio board R1-R10? 

Ratio Board values:

http://www.hairballaudio.com/docs/FET%20Compressor%20PCB%20Board%20Info%20V3.pdf

Hi All,

Black enclosures are back in stock.

There are not a ton of blackface compressor bundles in stock right now because I'm low on t-pads, small knobs and input transformers.  I have plenty of these on order and should have it all on stock in the next 2 weeks.

If you need a compressor before then, grab it now!

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

The Rev D, Rev F and both Rev A BOMs/mouser carts have been cleaned up.

Only a resistor or two are out of stock.  I'll leave those as is, they'll be in stock soon and you can always sub another value within 10%.

Thanks,

Mike

PS - GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Stripe enclosures are back in stock.

I only have enough knobs for a few full kits right now, but I'll have more at the end of the week.  So if all the bundles show as "Out Of Stock" just check back in a few days!

Thanks,

Mike

I ordered two Hairball kits yesterday and just wanted to say that they look swell!
I am really looking forward to these builds! The cases look amazing and I can not wait to not having to drill and do all the metalwork. ;D

Henrik

Bonke said:
I ordered two Hairball kits yesterday and just wanted to say that they look swell!
I am really looking forward to these builds! The cases look amazing and I can not wait to not having to drill and do all the metalwork. ;D

Henrik

You'll love the enclosure even more in person.  It's very well designed and built. 

Your order (an everyone else who's ordered in the past 3 days) will shipping tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike

Question for Ed Anderson (apologies, in box is full)

Hi Ed,

What kind of throughput would be needed to drive a project of tearing into/reproducing the Triad a-11j?

I also have a microphone transformer I would like to have someone tear apart and possibly reproduce for a dynamic I plan to introduce.

Best Regards

Ben

I am looking for the correct Bourns Pat Number recommended in the MNATS BOM for the output pot. The unit I found on the Mouser site is Bourns P/N 95A1DZ28EA0300L or 301L
They are both 250Kohm. Is this the correct one?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back