Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to echo this in saying customer support from Hairball is second to none. Thanks for the exchange Mike!

AudioGimmer said:
Just wanted to say a quick thankyou to Mike.

I got the wrong PCBs to go with some T pad attenuators I bought, and he airmailed me some replacements [I'm in the UK] at incredible speed and F.O.C.

Thanks Mike, they arrived mid week and this afternoon they got wired into my F76 project. The Atrans look pretty sweet in there too BTW.

The Gimmer

Hey thanks guys! 

Good news!  Blackface kits are back in stock and there are plenty of them!

Reeeeeeeeallly hoping to have blue stripes by the end of this week.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Looks like blue stripes are out of stock again.  I only had about half the order in stock and I should have the other half by the end of next week.

I also have 10 new meter styles arriving around the same time.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike i'm interested in your transformers for my 2254c project Neve repl. (input/output).  Do you have or know where I could get the other transformer? (line transformer? )  Also got your black fet box going  sounds awesome. In for another (blue stripe this time) very soon...

earl said:
Hello Mike i'm interested in your transformers for my 2254c project Neve repl. (input/output).  Do you have or know where I could get the other transformer? (line transformer? )  Also got your black fet box going  sounds awesome. In for another (blue stripe this time) very soon...

I think the Carnhill VTB-9046 sold by Colin at Audio Maintenance is what you're looking for.

Hi All,

Blue Stripes will be back in stock Saturday AM.  I also have several meters to add to the store.  I'll probably do that Sunday.

Thanks!

Mike

Hello there Mike just a wondering if the neve replacement transformers should work in Pete's trident preamp? Sure would save time thanks.

earl said:
Hello there Mike just a wondering if the neve replacement transformers should work in Pete's trident preamp? Sure would save time thanks.

The 1166 will work as an output for sure.

earl said:

The 1166 will work as an output for sure.  I don't really have an input close to the original.

Hi All,

Blue Stripes are back in stock!

I've got 10 new meters in the store.  They are on trial so they so they do not have custom faceplates.  Also, only 1 of the meters (TR-45) has a built in rectifier for standard VU operation.  The other 9 meters are DC meters (no internal rectifier).  Although they require a little more full deflection DC current than a usual VU meter (100uA), they can still work well with a germanium bridge rectifier and the proper series resistor.  Each meter has a technical and dimensional PDF that shows how to make the bridge rectifier, which diodes to use and the recommended series resistor for each meter for VU metering.

If there is interest I can make a bridge PCB for sale, though you don't really even need a pcb to solder 4 diodes together.

If there is enough interest in any of the meters I can keep them in stock and if there is a lot of interest I can get custom meters with internal rectifiers.

Hairball Meter Section:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25

Thanks,

Mike

Nice writeup Mike. I couldn't agree more. Makes me want to be finishing that rev A I have going instead of being here at work....

Hello,
I wrote an email with some questions, but perhaps you did not received?
I sent it from
mata(_)haze(@)hotmail.com

Mattia.

Latest posts

Back