Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone who has built the stereo 1176 help me out with ordering parts for/wiring up the bypass switch on the front of the CollectiveCases panel? I've searched this forum high and low and cannot find anything but Igor's PCBs with no BOM or parts list and a reply that leads me to believe I can use an SPDT for the bypass but I have no idea how I'd wire that up.

Thanks!

Post to this thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44882.0

If you want to use the units amp sections for "color" you want a GR off switch.  If you want a true bypass you'll want something like Igor sells.

Mike

The GR off switch is totally fine for my needs - is that a stock thing on your kits, or is that something I'd have to wire up separately?

JeffTD said:
The GR off switch is totally fine for my needs - is that a stock thing on your kits, or is that something I'd have to wire up separately?

You could just leave it on each attack switch like the original.  In that case Mouser and I sell a attack pot with a SPDT switch on it.  Each side would have a separate switch (on each attack).

Or you could switch both at once with a separate DPDT switch.

Thanks - how exactly would I wire the SPDT attack switch for a GR off effect? Do you have any diagrams available for that configuration?

http://mnats.net/1176_reva-d_hairball_wiring_attack_release.html

See the wiring pages above or the schematic.

I'm wondering if the ed anderson neve mic tx will work for the 2254c and if it will physically fit on the board in a 2ru stereo set.  Will there be a neve line input tx from ed anderson at some point too?

yes you can use the 10468 in the hairball shop in place of the carnhill 10468 type in igor's 2254c.  mechanically it will fit the same way (can be tied down with cable ties like a carnhill).  i don't think there are holes for the mounting screws on the PCB but you can ask igor about that.

eventually i'd like to do 31267s too.  the work is already done, i've had a completed sample in my desk for about a year.  but not many people have asked for them.

ed

it is possible, and could work in some circuits.  i don't know about in the 2254 circuit, i haven't tried it.

ed

Hey Mike.
Im interested in a 16/16/48 transformer.
Just so i could use it at full advantage do you know a psu pcb that will work fine with this?
Thanks.

Hi All,

Two items:

1. Blackface enclosures will be back in stock this Friday.
2. 16/16/48 power transformers are priced at 1/2 off!  These quality power transformers with secondaries of 16V (x2) and 48V are surplus from an pro audio manufacturer.  They are being offered VERY cheap. 

You can find them here:

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=33&osCsid=154c73009674b0c4b49dc2d639b68fb4

Thanks!

Mike

I got my toroidal.
Can you show me some wiring diagram please?
The one on your website seems to have 12 leads and this one has only 8.
Thank you.

dumb ? of the day:

will the 16/16/48 w/100v tap torroids function the same as the ones without 100v tap?  will there just be extra leads that are ignored/ floating?

thanks, sasha

will buy 2 if they are ok for use with 3nity's 312 boards via peterc greenpre psu v6

Back