Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toneboner said:
dumb ? of the day:

will the 16/16/48 w/100v tap torroids function the same as the ones without 100v tap?  will there just be extra leads that are ignored/ floating?

thanks, sasha

will buy 2 if they are ok for use with 3nity's 312 boards via peterc greenpre psu v6

Yes exactly.  Just ignore the 100V tap.

Hairball, on your Dual Primary w/ 100V Tap 16/16/48 Power Transformer, what does 100 volt tap mean?

I am contemplating getting the Rackit 2 from igor and then building a 2 unit rack enclosure for 500 series modules. I am considering maybe going 51x? Any of your transformers supply 51x power?

Will your 2 power transformers model work for what I need?

Will that be a straight wiring to the Rackit 2 and also the 240 volts power outlet when using your power tranformers?

Do you have one that can also do 16 volts AC or both AC and DC at 16volts? That way I can build one power supply and power my rackit and pultec clone eq which requires 16 volts AC.

canidoit said:
Hairball, on your Dual Primary w/ 100V Tap 16/16/48 Power Transformer, what does 100 volt tap mean?

It means there is a lead coming off an earlier point in the winding so you can use the transformer on 100VAC mains (like Japan).

canidoit said:
I am contemplating getting the Rackit 2 from igor and then building a 2 unit rack enclosure for 500 series modules. I am considering maybe going 51x? Any of your transformers supply 51x power?

Not out of the box, these have 2 16VDC secondaries and the 51X also needs 2 24VDC secondaries. 

canidoit said:
Will your 2 power transformers model work for what I need?

Not too sure what you mean here.

canidoit said:
Will that be a straight wiring to the Rackit 2 and also the 240 volts power outlet when using your power tranformers?

I'm not familiar with the rackit power supply.  But you would just need a normal rectifier/smoothing circuit at the least, to get it to DC.  I'd check with Igor.

canidoit said:
Do you have one that can also do 16 volts AC or both AC and DC at 16volts? That way I can build one power supply and power my rackit and pultec clone eq which requires 16 volts AC.

These have 15VAC secondaries (16VDC after rectification/smoothing).  You'd have to read up on tube power supplies.  I know little (nothing) about them.

Thanks!

Mike

Hey Mike. My 16/16/48 toroidal has just arrived. Its huge!

Was wondering what the VA rating is. Couldnt find any specs, got any info?

Thanks!

hello :)

I wanna buy a Rev A/D bundle with blackface enclosure but it's OUT OF STOCK !!
Can you tell me when they will be back in stock please ??

;)

germoju said:

;)

I'm waiting on 5002 outputs.  I should have them this Wed or so.

I only have a handful of enclosures left.  When these are gone, the next delivery dates are:

Blackface: End of Nov
Blue Stripe: Mid Dec

Thanks,

Mike

Echo North said:
germoju said:

;)

I'm waiting on 5002 outputs.  I should have them this Wed or so.

I only have a handful of enclosures left.  When these are gone, the next delivery dates are:

Blackface: End of Nov
Blue Stripe: Mid Dec

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for your quick answer :)
Do you think I can wait for the 5002 and have all the kit this week OR the risk is that you sell your enclosures before you get the EA5002 ?

I hope you can understand  my english !!!

;)

Hi,
Just wondering if you are going to have the Blackface front panels in stock separately at any point in the near future?  I've got a case all drilled up and ready to go, but have given up on the challenge of making a front panel.  I've already got a 1176 I built with your parts and it just looks too good to have an ugly panel next to it!

Alistair said:
Hi,
Just wondering if you are going to have the Blackface front panels in stock separately at any point in the near future?  I've got a case all drilled up and ready to go, but have given up on the challenge of making a front panel.  I've already got a 1176 I built with your parts and it just looks too good to have an ugly panel next to it!

Hi,

I'm in the process of switching metal shops so the panels without enclosure will be delayed until January or February.  I'm going to be creating a section of the web store tonight for damaged goods.  These are parts that have small blemishes and are offered at a discount.  I may have some black panels up on there.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  That sounds great, I'll keep my eyes open for the updates to the store.

I've made a "Clearance" section with some flawed panels and extra enclosures (not flawed).

http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=34

I'll be adding more panels over the next couple hours.

Thanks,

Mike

Edit:  All of the panels are up now.

Hey Mike,

I got the transformers w/ 100V additional primary & 48V secondary.

I'm a little confused about which lead is which. Do you have this info anywhere?

I just need to know the primaries for 110-120 AC, and the two 16V secondaries.

JW said:
Hey Mike,

I got the transformers w/ 100V additional primary & 48V secondary.

I'm a little confused about which lead is which. Do you have this info anywhere?

I just need to know the primaries for 110-120 AC, and the two 16V secondaries.

Right here:
http://hairballaudio.com/docs/power/KeenOcean-tx.pdf

Back