Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd wire the primary in parallel.  Have a look at the "Top View" to see how the lead outs are arranged against the schem view.  That should give you polarity.

Look here for primary wiring:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090914070140/http://www.diyfactory.com/data/transformer_connections.gif

Hi Mike.
Sorry, but I don't understand the documentation. There's no indication that any pair of secondaries differs from the next, (that I can tell anyway,) just that they're numbered. I wish there were voltages to go along with the colors.

On the primary side, I think I understand that for parallel wiring, I'm connecting the two blacks together for the neutral AC lead, and the two blues together for hot. And leaving the white (100V) tap floating.

With the primary wired like this, I'm getting 21VAC measuring between the two red leads, the same between the two yellows, and 48VAC when measuring between the green. I gather that the green wires are the phantom tap.

How do I wire the secondaries for around 15-16VAC?

The fused leads should be the start of the winding.  Both blacks to live and both blue to neutral.

7-8 and 9-10 are 15.5 VAC open circuit.  They are a little less under load and 16VDC with rectification and smoothing.  The dots show polarity.

An expanded data sheet is attached.

Attachments

• TTO-18312-00EDIT.PDF
    186.7 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
do you know when your blue strips enclosure are back in stock ?

Thx

EDIT : Mid-december, it's in you website  :-X

Gege said:
Hi,
do you know when your blue strips enclosure are back in stock ?

Thx

EDIT : Mid-december, it's in you website  :-X

Yep!  Blackface Dec 1st and Blues about 2 weeks later.

Yes i see that after my question  ;D,
So I order you the fully revA Kit + attack pot now and i will put my comp in a older free case and when i refund myself I re-order you the case in end-december.

As i say to mako ... speed the postman, i need my comp !!!

Thx

ChrioN said:
I would need two TR-45 meter, rectified or not. Will they every get in stock?

Yes I'll be ordering the TR-45 and TR-35 shortly.  I'm just finishing up a major product release right now.  Then I'll get on that.

Keep you posted...

Looking very good Mike.

And a belated thank-you for the extra nuts for my T pad attenuators. They arrived in time so I could finish up my F76 project before the holidays.

Thanks again

The Gimmer

Hi mike,
I would like to update my G1176 (definitively not good IMHO) to a revD (the mako revA seduce me  ;D).
But you're soon out of stock for the two transformers.

When this parts will back in stock ?

Thx a lot

acoustix said:
Hi mike,
I would like to update my G1176 (definitively not good IMHO) to a revD (the mako revA seduce me  ;D).
But you're soon out of stock for the two transformers.

When this parts will back in stock ?

Thx a lot

Hi,

The transformers (3837 and 5002) are in stock:
http://hairballaudio.com/shop/index.php?cPath=24

Is that what you mean?

Mike

Yep,

But for DIY, money back in a month or more  :'(
I hope for you, you sell your 10 last 3837 in this time.

My question was more :
-I get angry with my banker and i order now
or
-I wait until the 3837 back in stock at the same time as my finances!

Latest posts

Back