Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frazzman said:
Hi Mike,

I noticed that mnats board sales page now redirect to Hairball. Mnats use to offer a small variable power supply PCBs in the past that was useful for many different projects where you needed to power 2 PCBs - i.e.  dual channels etc.

I checked on your site and noticed that you don't seem to stock the power supply PCB. Is this something that you will end up stocking, or has it been discontinued? I tried to contact mnats directly about this but his inbox is full.

Cheers
James

We stock them now.

Hey Mike -

Do you have an updated ETA on the Elements kits? I have a Copper on order and I can't wait to build it!
These look amazing by the way, and the price is great.

Oh yeah, just realized this is my first post... :)

thanks,
Sage

sagebaggott said:
Hey Mike -

Do you have an updated ETA on the Elements kits? I have a Copper on order and I can't wait to build it!
These look amazing by the way, and the price is great.

Oh yeah, just realized this is my first post... :)

thanks,
Sage

Shipping today!

Hey Mike, Payment sent for stereo rev D kit. By the way congrats on the Element Pres those look sweet. I will have to get me a bronze and a copper eventually. Keep up the good work.

Hi Mike-
Got your email about the missing resistors, and I'm actually missing a 20k 1/4W. Rather than wait for the new package, I was going to get one from the local radio shack today, but they only have 22k 1/4W in-store. Would that work as a replacement? I'm building the Copper kit.

BTW, half way through my build, and I have to say the build guide is really well done and it's been super easy so far! Nice job.

Oh yeah, the resistor is at R504...

Hi All,

We're very excited to announce the release of the FET/500 series of analog FET compressors. This has been a labor of love for designer Mako Natsume and we are proud to be involved with it. These sound killer!

Read about it here:
http://www.hairballaudio.com/FET500/

Mike

Winetree said:
Great.
This fills a void in the 500 series compressor dept.
Pre-sale. When will the units ship?

If you just get the PCB only kit, those are shipping now.

The full kit is being kitted now (all the parts are here), they'll ship in 10-14 days.  Hopefully less but we'll see.

Mike

Hi,

I have quick question about the 8027 meter. Is it possible to change those LEDs? I'm afraid I'm going to break it so I ask before trying this.

Zander

Hey Mike,
Apologies if this has been covered before but this thread is 50 pages now!!

Are the 3A/5A Style Small Skirted Knob that you have on your site for round shaft, D shaft or are they fluted?

I assume the same as the 1176 builds I have done from you which are all round shaft?

Mac

mac said:
Hey Mike,
Apologies if this has been covered before but this thread is 50 pages now!!

Are the 3A/5A Style Small Skirted Knob that you have on your site for round shaft, D shaft or are they fluted?

I assume the same as the 1176 builds I have done from you which are all round shaft?

Mac

Yes 1/4" round shaft.

What are the difference between the 500-series 1176`s and the "standard" ones (if comparing the same revisions)? I`m guessing that the 500-series ones might have a little less headroom due to the lower power used? Anything else?

Back