Neutrik NTE transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2

Hi all :grin:

I've found some audio transformer ,Neutrik NTE 4 an NTE 10/3,thoses are very small mics transformers.The max voltage on input is 1,2v for NTE 4.So last night I've passed this on analyser and the frequency response seems to be nice but there's a very nice RINGING :green: and a nice Overshoot to Kill....Well, after put the NTE 10/3 in my KILLING RINGING machine,i've quiet kill the ringing with a 470pf cap+18K resistor,overshoot still but ...now the frequency response run from 25Hz TO 30kHz +-1dbu and it's fall at 32khz like an hard low pass filter . so just want to know if someone on this DIY Earth ,has done a mic pre with those transformer?? :thumb:

May be I'm going to try one in an 312 design, to see what is going on :green:

Best regards,Bruno.

if you search for my user name you'll find a couple of posts from several years ago about these. I've used them in 312 type circuits with great success. Typically I have the NTM4 into a non-inverting opamp with feedback then into a DRV134 or the THAT OutSmarts chip. Works wonderfully. Your zobel network is exactly what I use. I believe the NTM4s that I have used are no different from the NTE4 except the NTM has a Mu metal can.

cheers,
James

[quote author="b2"] ...now the frequency response run from 25Hz TO 30kHz +-1dbu and it's fall at 32khz like an hard low pass filter [/quote]

Sounds like maybe a nice alternative to the Beyers.

I might be interested in the level/distortion performance as I measured these at 50Hz and 1K for the Beyer transformers.

Typically I have the NTM4 into a non-inverting opamp with feedback then into a DRV134 or the THAT OutSmarts chip. Works wonderfully. Your zobel network is exactly what I use. I believe the NTM4s that I have used are no different from the NTE4 except the NTM has a Mu metal can.

Internally they are very different. I have opened up the NTL & NTM parts & the cores are a lot bigger than the NTE series. I have also used the NTM parts with excellent results, never tried the NTEs even tho I have a bunch of them. If you go to the Neutrik USA site & search for NTM, there are datasheets available that show the different overload levels.

Peter

Hi from Argentina, this is my first post and sorry for my english, in my country it's impossible to find
any mic transformer except neutrik nte1 and nte4, for the price,  very impressive!, excellent freq response and very very litlle ringing, i use them for Nev style preamps, tube preamps, and other things with great success.
I have Jensen transformers and Carnhill from UK, in blind tests my costumers can't say the difference between neutrik and carnhill in a Nev style preamp. Incredible no?
To me neutrik nte series are excellent transformers.

Dsaudio said:
Hi from Argentina, this is my first post and sorry for my english, in my country it's impossible to find
any mic transformer except neutrik nte1 and nte4, for the price,  very impressive!, excellent freq response and very very litlle ringing, i use them for Nev style preamps, tube preamps, and other things with great success.
I have Jensen transformers and Carnhill from UK, in blind tests my costumers can't say the difference between neutrik and carnhill in a Nev style preamp. Incredible no?
To me neutrik nte series are excellent transformers.
NTE4: Not any good (for reamp box)?

I use one NTE4 in an ALTEC 1566 input I've build and it works find... with the input resistor and the tube capacitance have no ringing at audio frec... i tested the whole pre and have -3db response between 50Hz and 20kHz from a 600Ω source, it must be better with 150Ω source but I haven't one on the test.

Hi,
I've used the NTE 10/3 for different reamp boxes I built and it worked perfectly.

I'm thinking in using the NTE1 for an audio isolation box, what do you think?
would it be a good use for this tranformer?

thanks

Tiago

Back