dumbest studio photo competition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mlewis

i'm putting together a training manual for new recruits at the studio so I thought i could brighten it up a bit with some pics of studio disasters.

i once saw a pic of a girl singing into the wrong end of the boom that a vocal mic was on - this kinda thing. i'm sure there are loads out there. explosions get extra credit, as do amazing facial expressions as the disaster is in progress.

Anyone got a pic of somebody spilling a pint into a desk?

M

Someone put this guy behind a mixing desk.

phil_spector.jpg

smokintape.jpg

I had a smoke behind my ear that fell upright into the spinning reel and was wound into the tape as I leaned down to work the machine. I thought it was pretty funny.

Steve

I once had a pipe burst over my Argosy. I'll have to check to see if I have any photos still. Not too exiting, just a bunch of wet gear.

-Chris

[quote author="amorris"]I cant claim ownership of this but it is one of my favourites![/quote]

That's our very own SSLTech, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he can confirm or deny that.

Well, I took the photo, but it's not me.

I was helping Dave Rochester get to the bottom of a particularly thorny issue with one of our 9098i's, and we ended up going so deep into the console that I joked that pretty soon all you'd be able to see was a couple of pairs of feet sticking out. -We both laughed, and then it occurred to us more or less simultaneously that we really ought to just go ahead and set up/take that photo.

Those are Dave's shoes and pair of "faked" legs, but the result IS indeed hilarious. -Dave uses it as his avatar on some Nashville audio forum now, and it does occasionally attract some comment.

One day I think I'll set up the picture a little better using an SSL or something... Hmmmmm... -what am I doing later this afternoon???

Oh, I also have a video of Dave with a hammer, just wailing on that exact same console, beating down a small manufacturing tolerance error... I'll see if I can dig it out and host it somewhere...

Keith

Marshall.jpg

I hate to give away this mysterious and secret amp micing technique as this is how to achieve the greatest guitar tones. I mean only beginners micing the speakers, real professionals capture the tube sound right at the source :green:

Sorry for all who already have seen this. I guess this pic got around on the internet, i have seen it at least in 3 different locations.

Flo

[quote author="beatpoet"]Someone put this guy behind a mixing desk.

phil_spector.jpg
[/quote]

Damn dude... I still can't stop laughing & it's been over 10 minutes.

Absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :green:

Back