Some finished projects pics (1176 and 1073)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Holger"]Very cool....
What's in the octal socket?[/quote]

It's a very big dpdt relay...

When it came time to wire up the "nuke" position, all I had was this relay and a spdt switch in my pile of parts (I wanted an indicator LED for the nuke position).

Very nice build both.
I cant wait anymore to finish my dual 1176 J/D in a case and 2x 1290 in a case.

Looks amazing.

[quote author="madriaanse"]Fantastic work!!! :thumb: How are those EZ1290's treating you?

M.[/quote]

Fantastic! I love them....sound great, super easy to build. I may need to get some more from you soon :)

I started using these before I hooked up the output pots...and I found the steps to be versatile enough...so I never hooked them up. If I build any more, I think I'll leave those out.

[quote author="flintan"]Looks really nice!

May i ask where you got those knobs? :roll:[/quote]

I bought them from two different places...I bought some as spares from UA (but they were very reluctant to sell any to me), the rest I bought from groove tubes: http://www.groovetubes.com/groovetoys.cfm?Category_ID=30 they have the large, medium, and small sizes for sale.

The UA ones are pretty much perfect, but the ones I bought from GT seem a bit more "vintage"...if you look close at the release and ratio knobs (purchased from UA), you'll be able to see the difference.

Back