New Band, New EP...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian MacGregor

Heyo-
My new-ish band just finished getting a 4 song EP mixed and we are pretty stoked with how it turned out. We did all the tracking ourselves (drums/bass @ Orange Whip in SB, guitars at Infrasonc in East LA, vocals at my house). The songs were mixed at the Blasting Room in Ft Collins by Jason Livermore.

If you get a chance, check it out and let us know what you think. It has been nice to take a break from all the technical stuff for a while and just make some music.

Here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/deadcountryla

The songs are all downloadable so you can avoid the nasty myspace compression if desired.

Ok, back to building Level-Ors!

Ian

sweet! sounds great!

so that pic is that you guys in Hhills looking over to Smonica, outpost road?

amorris,
Thanks for checkin it out. I forget the actual street name of where we took that pic, but we were in the hills above sunset blvd in silverlake, looking out towards hollywood. We kept having to move out of the way when cars came since we were standing in the middle of the street like a bunch of douchebags! we got a lot of funny looks...

ian

Yeah man! It sounds super good. The things that come out of the Blasting Room always please. I love the Drag the River albums, and Jason both recorded and performed on them.

I'm a bit jealous. :green:

It was freaking awesome mixing at the Blasting Room with Jason. Both he and Bill were super cool. I also love the DTR stuff they did (as well as Teenage Bottlerocket, A Wilhelm Scream, Rise Against, NOFX, etc, etc...)

Here's the info about the tracking:

Drums were recorded at Orange Whip in Santa Barbara.

Kick, snare and toms were SCA A12's (API-ish, but with Shadow Hills Opamps :twisted: )
Overs and Rooms (and everything else) was SCA N72s.

Bass was a DI that I believe that Jason Sans-Amped. Di went through the SSL AWS 900 pre at Orange Whip. I really like the SSL AWS pres for bass guitar.

Guitars were tracked at Infrasonic in East LA (such a cool place, Pete and Jeff are badass). We had a 57 and M160 on a cab running into a 1608 with 550s. Mics were bussed together in the 1608 and sent to PT.

Vocs were cut at my house, SM7 for leads. SCA A12 into Distressor on Opto Mode. Harms were AK47 into N72 and distressor.

thanks again for checkin it out, i really appreciate the response. I think we'll be playing around LA pretty soon.

ian

The latest wilhem scream album sounds so ridiculously good!!! I am a little biased though, as I love BIll and Wilhelm's new bassist (who is ridiculous by the way) is from around here.

The songs sound great man!

PS, Hot Water Music is my all time favorite band, i see it's in your "sounds like"

Latest posts

Back