pucho812

cases/chasis question langevin am16 style
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
anyone know  the specs, Dimensions,  on the am16 chassis and where I could find something similar. I would imagine hammond has something along those lines?
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

dissonantstring

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:56:07 PM »
hey pucho,
i know i've seen something similar sold somewhere, but can't remember now. :mad: At any rate, here's what the dims are according to the manual:

"Approx. 1-3/4" High x 1-1/2" Wide x 10-1/2" Long (not including plug pins)."

regards,
grant

pucho812

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
thanks for the info.  I was close in my guessing. I figured 2" wide 10" long and2" high.   I read the manual but I couldn't fnd that info maybe I didn't have the complete manual.
 :oops:
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

dissonantstring

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »
hey pucho,
it's listed on the last page as "size", but note that it does say "approx." so your guess was close enough to "approx." :grin:
i don't know if i actually have the full manual, but let me know if you want me to email you a copy.  i think i got it from kubi's site.

EmRR

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »
The metalwork is essentially an open frame U or O bracket, with the output transformer hanging off the front, and the sides fully open with exposed circuit board mounted dead center.  It's a bit of a stretch to call it a 'chassis'.  

What are you trying to do?
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

pucho812

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
laying out multiple point to point tube circuits in a single rack case. I want to keep the electrical runs as separate from the audio as possible.  May or may not be the best way to go but it was part the planning process.I already have some rack trays from other things that I would want to recycle and use as they no longer get used. might have to re tool the idea. No pun intended.

EmRR

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 01:59:51 PM »
So you are thinking more or less about individual channel shielding, primarily?
Best,

Doug Williams

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

pucho812

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "emrr"
So you are thinking more or less about individual channel shielding, primarily?

why yes

EmRR

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
I find myself bending and cutting small pieces of sheet metal, and putting them on L brackets if necessary.     I've really only had to do this for PSU isolation, never any channel to channel crosstalk significant in my usage to warrant such action.   Guess it may be a question of desired layout style too, and I can't point to any best source.
Best,

Doug Williams

pucho812

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »
Sheet metal and l brackets  came up as a possibility but would be nice if  there was something pre fab so I would have to cut and bend. I just might have to