cases/chasis question langevin am16 style

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey pucho,
i know i've seen something similar sold somewhere, but can't remember now. :mad: At any rate, here's what the dims are according to the manual:

"Approx. 1-3/4" High x 1-1/2" Wide x 10-1/2" Long (not including plug pins)."

regards,
grant

thanks for the info. I was close in my guessing. I figured 2" wide 10" long and2" high. I read the manual but I couldn't fnd that info maybe I didn't have the complete manual.
:oops:

hey pucho,
it's listed on the last page as "size", but note that it does say "approx." so your guess was close enough to "approx." :grin:
i don't know if i actually have the full manual, but let me know if you want me to email you a copy. i think i got it from kubi's site.

The metalwork is essentially an open frame U or O bracket, with the output transformer hanging off the front, and the sides fully open with exposed circuit board mounted dead center. It's a bit of a stretch to call it a 'chassis'.

What are you trying to do?

laying out multiple point to point tube circuits in a single rack case. I want to keep the electrical runs as separate from the audio as possible. May or may not be the best way to go but it was part the planning process.I already have some rack trays from other things that I would want to recycle and use as they no longer get used. might have to re tool the idea. No pun intended.

So you are thinking more or less about individual channel shielding, primarily?

I find myself bending and cutting small pieces of sheet metal, and putting them on L brackets if necessary. I've really only had to do this for PSU isolation, never any channel to channel crosstalk significant in my usage to warrant such action. Guess it may be a question of desired layout style too, and I can't point to any best source.

Back