Need Help Identifying a Toroidal Transformer!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natek

Hello All,

So i picked up 4 of these at a local Electronics supply house in the bargain bin for $3 each, great if I can actually find out what the specs are on them! :? Anyway the label on the side has these numbers which i have googled but maybe someone who knows more about Transformers can better tell me if they actually hold the secret to the Spec's! This is how the label is:

283.0091.00 YT-10476-2
DT-6 REV 1 ELY 0135

Thanks for taking a peek, here is the link to the picture

http://picasaweb.google.com/nate.kahle/EbayPics/photo?authkey=sq0uJ9cn5Nk#5236293889759412194 :thumb:

Another thought!
is there any way to hook it up and test the output leads? Does anyone know with the wire colors what should "standard" input lead colors be? the colored wires are as follows:

-BLACK
-BROWN
-ORANGE
-YELLOW
-GREEN
-BLUE

Does anyone have any input!? Maybe a stupid question but i just would like to know! worst case i am out $12 anyway. Thanks again,

Nate

black is probably part of primary, could have dual primaries for 220(?). ohm out the windings, inject a low hz (60hz) signal, maybe around 12vac from step-down trans, or from signal generator then test what comes out the other windings. you can get an idea what the ratios are. as for current available from a given winding; I think there were some guidelines posted but don't remember what...need a variable load, measuring current and voltage; when voltage drops below some percentage, that is your max safe current draw.
determine primary/secondary and ratios and inferences can be made regarding indented use based on voltages and size of core.
good score!

Shabtek!,

thank you for a reply! I will see if i cant do what you suggested and report back my findings! :thumb:s are on these I am more than happy to donate one of them to the "winner"

Back