Simon Systems DI..?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hello. I aquired this 4-channel DI and it sounds pretty good. It seems to be a tad noisey compared to my other DIs tho... :sad: ... I opened it up and see it has socketed 8 pin op-amps. ( TL071s and 5532s ).. Do you think they may contributing to the noise? If so, what op-amps could be used ( direct replacement) to swap out to lower noise? Anyone have these replacements they would be willing to sell me since I'll only need 8?.. ( 1 for in x 4 / 1 for output x 4)... :green: ..BTW...is there a special tool used to remove/install socketed op-amps other than just grabbing them buggers with your fingers?.. :oops: ...Lastly, I also noticed that there's a lot of room inside this chassis.. Wonder could output transformers be added to it... :idea: .... BTW..it has some pretty cool features..Thanks......

Ok..Jim Williams gave me a couple of replacement op-amps and I thought I wrote them down but misplaced the sheet.... :oops: ..I know for the TLO71 ( single 8 pin) he recommended th OPA-134 and a 627, but I can't remember the LME-4902##.. for the 5532 ( dual 8 pin)...Anybody can give this number? Humm..Maybe Jim will chime in a give 'em to me again!... :green: ... Thanks...

Hey barney. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm fimiliar with the OP-275..Good sounding amp as I remember. ( had a mixer modded with these that replaced 4558s) So, will it be a better amp than the 5532 ( noise , sonic wise) as a balanced line output driver than the 5532..? Thanks... :cool:

Ok..I looked over on the TI web site for these op-amps... :shock: ..Which of these are the ones will I need. OPA-134xx and what number behind that as well as the OPA-275xx.. If some one could give me exact numbers I'll really appreciate it. Excuse me..First time ever attemping this!... :oops:

Not sure of the actual specs, noise wise etc. It is called the AD OP275 (Analog Devices are the manufacturer).

Others to try if you like are the AD712, OPA2604.

Mt best friend when i'm trying repair a piece of gear and i'm unsure of something -

http://www.alldatasheet.com/

Latest posts

Back