For the Brits ..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter purpose

Anything to declare?

gg.jpg

[quote author="shabtek"]is that gary glitter at the airport?[/quote]

Or just ordered a takeaway?

That is so wrong.

OMG ! That bloke gives me the CREEPS !!! - YUK !

I hear that he's refused entry EVERYWHERE and now has to come back
to the UK and "Face the Music" - so to speak.

I watched the exact opposite of him last night, a Father out with his two
very sweet and polite girls, probably aged 4 and 6 or so, they had a wonderful
time eating pizza and chatting away :) it was a very heart warming scene.

MM.

Wanna be in my gang?

...no thanks!

On a slightly serious note though, I think there's something morbid about the UK media's obsession with GG. He has ruined lives, and by rights should be bankrupted by payments to those he abused. But at the same time, he's going to be tagged for the rest of his life, so there's no chance of him ruining anyone else's life. 600,000 people have been killed in Iraq war...war in Afghanistan rages...Britain has its largest haul of medals at the Olympics in 100 years...Russia's saying 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'..China is imprisoning dissidents...yet GG is on the front page of the tabloids!!!...??? Balanced view on the world? Sick.

I feel sorry for GG's producer. I can't see a discernable talent in GG, but his drum sound was unreal. I saw shots of his producer next to a rack of 1066s - that might explain part of it.

Justin

...and to be QUITE fair, Mr Townshend was indeed researching for a project about which he has ALWAYS been most proactive.

It's significant to note that Fleet Street has "laid-off" Pete. -If there was any tissue of truth in their nonsense, they'd be all over him prying at the cracks, but in fact they 'backed the wrong horse' with that event, and so they've gone all quiet.

-Probably never get an apology from them though... They'll fall back on the "we were just reporting what the police were doing" angle.

Seriously, Pete's a good man. -Time to set that straight.

Messr's Gadd and King however are first-class nonces.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I hope all is well with you.

I was joking about Mr Townshend and I agree with you. In fact I responded in the same way as you did in REP when it came out. I don't believe he had the intention that he was cautioned for.

Garry Glittery Sparkly is certainly a creep but he is an easy target for the gutter journalism. The same gutter journalists are also visiting countries like Thailand, not only for underage girls but boys too. Anybody that puts a gutter story like that in a paper is also guaranteed to be a creep.

Cemal

Right Cemal.

-The chap who built Eel Pie studios for Pete, and in fact who engineered a number of great and enormously successful records both for the Who, for Pete and for several other artists is a good friend of mine who lives locally, (...matter of fact he's SUCH a great friend that he replaced my exhaust manifold for me the week before last while I was over there in Britain, and dug into his own pocket to buy a couple of parts that looked like they needed replacement "while he was in there"... -I need to go round and take him a big lunch... maybe today is a good day for that!)

I guessed that you probably understand, so my reply was directed mainly at ensuring that something else was added to the thread with a view to balancing the humor, in case anyone read it who didn't know the original circumstances, and took away a skewed idea that Pete was in any way "guilty".

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]I need to go round and take him a big lunch... maybe today is a good day for that!)[/quote]Done.

I'm taking a pile of pizzas around at noon.

-See what good vibes this forum is promoting?!??!! :green:

Keith

" BREAKING NEWS"

Police have re-arrested Gary Glitter. They've found Class A drugs in his kitchen, Class B drugs in his living room, and Class 5C in his bedroom ! :shock:
Fnar....

Gary Glitter has been given a date for his return to the U.K.
She's 10 years old, with make-up on ! :shock:
Fnar Fnar......

The Mirth goes on......

Steve :thumb:

Just to re-iterate what Keith said vv Mr Townsend.

One of my best freinds used to work for him (either on the Barge or at Eel Pie, not sure) tells me there can't possibly be anything to it.

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

*** NEWSFLASH ***

Gary Glitter has just attempted suicide, by jumping into the sea.....

However,
Coastguards managed to find him bobbing up and down , on a small buoy !!!!

Fnar, fnar , tsk, tsk.....

:wink:

...reminds me of when George Best launched that aircraft carrier a few years ago...

...-He was four miles out to sea before they could make him let go of the bottle!!!!! :green: :green: :green: :green:

:oops:

Keef

Latest posts

Back