Gear rental prices?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor-TK

Anyone know what the going rate is for gear rental in the US?

I have a guy that wants to rent my drum kit and a guitar amp for one night, delivered and setup at a club, broken down and carted away at the end of the night.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Well last time we had to rent a kit for a studio session we used drum doctors. The kit was a 6 piece(4 toms, kick and snare), had 6 cymbal stands, a hi-hat stand and a double pedal. It came with 3 bags full of cymbals and several extra snare drums. The total cost for the day was 400.00.

IIRC Lon Cohen the guitar and amp rental place in L.A. does amps for like 100.00 dollar average. Of course that depends on the amp. Some are more then others.

After checking the website of the new rental place in town

Drums a 5 piece with cymbals and such would go for an average of 200 and the amp would go for about 65. hope that helps.

I think you are going to get vast differences from city to city. Your best bet is to call around locally (or NY) and see what they charge. As an example, I rent two mains, a good sub and all cables and speaker stands for $112 a month here in Austin.

Thanks for the replies. I was avoiding calling around, because I really have no intention of renting from anyone that I would call. Pucho, those numbers help. I googled a little and found some prices from Australia that weren't too far from that (200 AUD for drums without extra snares and cymbals, 75 for amps). I figured that monthly rental from a local mom and pop shop would be much cheaper. I used to rent a double bass for $50/month and a PA for $50/day in 1988. I'm going for more of an SIR type pricing scheme (and service level).

I quoted the guy $200 for a 5 piece Gretsch kit with Sabians and a Marshall or Vox guitar amp. He seems OK with that. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't out of line with my pricing.

Thanks,
Chris

A music chain here has a formula that 1 month is
12th -10 of the gear value , a week half of that
and a day half of that , you got to pick it up
which if i charge my hourly rate i want it to be
some minumum that is even [ don't usually accept 1/2 days
but if it's only an hour or two for 100.00 ..........maybe

Latest posts

Back