Ebay stops offline payment methods...USA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's real. If it applies to you, you live in the USA you should be able to receive a portion of the restitution.

[quote author="abby normal"]It's real. If it applies to you, you live in the USA you should be able to receive a portion of the restitution.[/quote]

Unfortunately it's "real" only in the sense that it actually exists.....
It's a JOKE though, as the $3.5 million they "settle" on,
while admitting no wrongdoing, is a FRACTION of the amount of money they made/saved by fucking people over.

My brother was part of one of the original lawsuits, and technically got about
10% of what he "lost" (although he played it up just so he might get more than a small fraction.........didn't work).

The people who run companies like that should be taken out and SHOT,
it's really pathetic. There's plenty of money to be made running things respectably. If they just had more security measures there would be less fraud.
Of course there would be less "business" too. And they can't have that,,,,,,,,
So to CHOOSE to run fast and loose, then fuck the legit customers because
THEY choose to be lax on security, it's disgusting.

I love how they [Painpal] holds your money for a few days before they transfer it to your bank (of course to collect billions in interest). It seriously only takes minutes to wire funds to bank accounts. I realize they are a big operation and they like other do large transactions at night but it should take one day tops. :evil:

[quote author="abby normal"]I love how they [Painpal] holds your money for a few days before they transfer it to your bank (of course to collect billions in interest). It seriously only takes minutes to wire funds to bank accounts. I realize they are a big operation and they like other do large transactions at night but it should take one day tops. :evil:[/quote]

Hmmmm....kind of like all banks in the UK when you pay a cheque of your own money into your own account........3 to 5 days later you can have 'your' money back. Sorry to rant off topic, couldn't help it....

[quote author="karloff70"]
Hmmmm....kind of like all banks in the UK when you pay a cheque of your own money into your own account........3 to 5 days later you can have 'your' money back. Sorry to rant off topic, couldn't help it....[/quote]

Wow that's crazy! :shock: Maybe that's where they got the idea?

[quote author="abby normal"][quote author="karloff70"]
Hmmmm....kind of like all banks in the UK when you pay a cheque of your own money into your own account........3 to 5 days later you can have 'your' money back. Sorry to rant off topic, couldn't help it....[/quote]

Wow that's crazy! :shock: Maybe that's where they got the idea?[/quote]

Yep, great trick isn't it? It's thoroughly institutionalised, so people rarely see the absurdity in it here........kind of upset me arriving here from Sweden(16 years ago...) where you walk in with a cheque and walk out with YOUR cash......as should be the case.

I guess this island had to many bouncing ball cheques for the banks to want to foot the bill so they took the excuse and turned the whole thing properly into their advantage.

Back