"The wrecking Crew" gotta see this film

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had ambitions as a teenager of being a studio "reed" player in LA, my teacher didn't try too hard to talk me out of it. But he did make me start studying clarinet instead of sax, on which he could see I needed little encouragement. And I had begun playing flute, so that was beginning to get covered.

He himself, in much earlier days in NYC, had been a good-enough sax player to ensure constant gigging*, but even then was such a nervous type that he took up bassoon as a fall-back, and was a credible orchestral player (although he said he always hated the instrument).

But he did warn me that in his estimation, no matter how good I got, I would ultimately regret the path because I would simply get tired of it. As I look back now, I'm sure that he was right. And yet I have known many players who are still doing exactly what they want, and more power to them.

*in fact he was by all accounts superb, which offset a tendency to be insufficiently diplomatic with contractors and other musicians.

I can't wait to see it!
:grin:

Dunno why it took so long for a film like this to see the light of day.

"Standing In the Shadows of Motown" is another great watch. :thumb:

[quote author="CroatianSensation"]I can't wait to see it!
:grin:

Dunno why it took so long for a film like this to see the light of day.

"Standing In the Shadows of Motown" is another great watch. :thumb:[/quote]

Simple the were trying to raise the funds. I met the director he was cool.
I saw standing in the shadows of motown, I picked it up for 5 dollars in the used bin. great movie.

It played fine via my ISP connection on my Windoze laptop.  I've read that the entire/worldwide internet is under a huge strain these days....perhaps the problem?

I hope the glitches stay small since I'll be watching a lot of docs, etc while being under a statewide "stay at home" directive. 

Bri

> on my iPhone and the YouTube video screen just says “This video is unavailable on this device.” Never seem that before.

Plays fine on my PC, *and* on my $30 Android, up here at the edge of the US, 10 miles out on a bad road.

I *have* seen a LOT of YouTube "errors" this week. You'd think everybody took off work. They usually resolve on a re-load. All "an error", not blaming my device.

Pucho's link isn't working but Brian's link is good. Watching it now. Thanks!

Edit: Analogy with controversies over 'sampling' to make beats and such comes to mind.  It's like all products; all the minds and hands that go into production just don't matter when the product is a smash.  Exceptions to the rule are few (the genius multi-instrumentalists, the great designers).

boji said:
Pucho's link isn't working but Brian's link is good. Watching it now. Thanks!

Analogy with controversies over 'sampling' to make beats and such comes to mind.  It's like all products; all the minds and hands that go into production just don't matter when the product is a smash.  Exceptions to the rule are few (the genius multi-instrumentalists, the great designers).

old trailer link. Brains is the full movie :)

I love that film,
it's great.

I also advise this on on the Motown musicians, "Standing in the Shadows of Motown":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvW485e9XI

Latest posts

Back