Did Neve ever do a 10k:10k 1:1 transformer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomWaterman

Looking for an interesting 10k:10k line input transformer that can be played with for pultec interstage duties.

Wondering if Neve ever did anything like this? Couldn't find anything on Klett's transformer index.

Was thinking about getting Carnhill to wind something like a VTB9046 but 10k:10k... not sure where to start with that though.

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom, as you're UK based how about Sowter from Canford audio, IIRC
Sowter have something similar in their catalogue.
They offer a lot of "vintage" stuff for Pultec / LA2A etc etc ...

Marty.

Hi yeah, that was an initial thought, used Sowter loads.

Been offered some old interstage Gardeners octals and Marinair T1448... which are 1:0.96 or something.

Also emailed Carnhill about winding me a custom VTB9046 style transformer more like the Marinair T1448.

Hopefully one of those will do, otherwise I'll go for a stock Sowter.

Cheers Tom

T1448
Impedance. 10.000/2.500:9.600/2.400
Loss. 1dB
Freq, response 600ohm source, 9k6 load. 20Hz-15kHz +/-0.3dB and -0.5 dB at 20kHz.

Thanks Tekay.

How do you find the sound of the T1448 compared to the Neve T1442?

Any idea what their maximum input level is at LF before high levels of THD?

JLM suggets the T1442 (Neve 31267) has a 0.5THD @ +7dBM & 1% @ +9dBM at 20Hz

Cheers Tom

I have never tested the T1448 but I have the docs at my workshop, I'll check the rest tomorrow. If Bo Hansén reads this I think I have some data to.

Thanks, I'd love to see the docs if you have them. I'd really appreciate it, but only if you have time!! I know you have lots of product to make...

Does Bo still visit here? Not seen him around for ages...

-T

Back