Moving to Mac!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="dinesh"]Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. Tomorrow, I am going to place the order for 8 Core Mac Pro.

So What next?

Logic

Or

Pro tools LE.

DAW I need is for Audio Mixing, Editing. Midi is not a priority. I want a good sounding Engine with nice Plugins.

I want 24 (Minimum 16) analog outs. I know Protools LE has only 18 outs. 8 analog + 8 Adat light pipe. Can do with this. Is M-Powered Pro-tool is same as Digidesign's LE?

Looking for more suggetions
Regards
Dinesh[/quote]

Even though you want to mix more than use midi, Logic studio is a good
choice.
Great plugins and automation make it a breeze to mix in and you can just
buy the I/O of your choice - too many to chose from.
AU plugins and things like the new UAD-2 / URS and Soundtoys will mean
outstanding results.
If you need to get PT or you like that platform, fine .. and "Beat Detective"
is worth having .... perhaps in addition to Logic as a small alternate system.
I used to use Nuendo on mac which was quite good but I don't know if it's
still supported ??
Any other systems such as DP and Reaper I don't know much about.

MM,

[quote author="Svart"]And Reaper.. You can't forget about the most powerful and easy to use DAW today..[/quote]

Hi Svart,

Thanks for suggestion. I have demo of Reaper. But problem is in my country where I am working I need a familiar software & I didn't like the looks of Repear, i.e. more important in my region. But I will try Reaper in my private studio after I will set my main studio.

Thanks MartyMart,

I will go for Logic with a Protools mbox so that i will get best of both.

Thanks again
Dinesh

That's one of the great things about reaper. If you don't like how it looks, you can download a different skin or go back to the "classic" look which looks like most other DAWs.

Anyway, I would think that function would trump style in any serious decision making but I've been wrong before.. :shock:

I typically track in other studios to 2" tape then dump to ProTools to finish any overdubs and mix at my personal studio.

However, I don't mix totally "in the box." I stem out.

ProTools compatibility makes going from to studio to studio a snap.

[quote author="Svart"]That's one of the great things about reaper. If you don't like how it looks, you can download a different skin or go back to the "classic" look which looks like most other DAWs.
[/quote]

Wow, Thats great!!! Thanks svart I will try this.

[quote author="Svart"]Anyway, I would think that function would trump style in any serious decision making but I've been wrong before.. [/quote]

:grin: I was prepared for you reaction. But you don't know our market.
You will piss off when you saw how your competetors are working.

Regards
Dinesh

Back