Electronics angel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingnote

You know, there's this funny thing that sometimes happens...when you're sitting in front of something that doesn't work...and then you kinda half-consciously or absent-mindedly reach out and wiggle something or flip a switch...and that's it.

Like you could have done all kinds of things and thought x things through, but no, you just had to stick the paw out and hit the thing itself. Kind of like some angel guiding your hand...you know? Weird, but, it happens...and definitely not unwelcome ;)

[quote author="ruairioflaherty"]Hey Lukas,

if she turns up again will you send her my way, could use a little guidance with my LA-2A right now :green:

Cheers,
Ruairi[/quote]

left hand down a bit :grin:

Ok, I tried that and took 275V across the chest :shock: Any other suggestions? :green:

I guess if there are electronics angels there must be electronics devils too...

Cheers,
Ruairi

Every time, and I mean every time since I was just a solder blob of a kid, if I was putting a circuit together and a particular perfboarding procedure was overly difficult and giving me attitude I was putting something in backwards. Sometimes it wasn't apparent until power was applied but nonetheless God and his angels are with us.

:thumb:

Those fixes scare me because you know that the electronics devils come around just after you put the last screw in the cover and undo what the angel did for you. then you open it up and the angel fixes it for you before you can see what shee did, then when you put the cover on again..... well I dont have to tel you what happens next.....

In a dry way you may say that it's your subconsious mind releasing
details you thought you hadn't noticed .

Or in an eastern way , by loosening your grip
[ not being stuck on an idea , like focusing on why it DOESN'T work ]
your open hand allows room for the idea to come to you

Surrender is not giving up , but when you get to that point
sometimes that is what it takes to start considering new ideas of why something isn't happening
Of course sticking to it and keep on trying doesn't hurt as you learn
what it isn't .

I 'd say give yourself some credit in the amazing process of how & why
things happen !

Yeah there is this thing about unconscious sublimation, and opening the mind and releasing the outcome...like the "perfect stroke", I think Crowley of all people had a good thing about this, it went something like:

"in games of skill, there are three different kinds of stroke, first there is the bad stroke, which we associate, and rightly, with wandering attention, then there is the good stroke, which we associate, and rightly, with fixity of attention, and then there is the perfect stroke, which we cannot explain if our life depended on it and all attempts to consciously reproduce it fail."

I think he attributed it to something like fixity of attention having become independent of conscious will, running freely to whatever object is in question. That in itself is a totally interesting phenomenon, I have a hunch that this is how a lot of inventions get made.

Has any of you read "Zen in the Art of Archery"?

its not just electronics!! i was trying to put the alternator on a honda vtec today and it would not have it, refused point blank to go into its space.

as i leant over to try and get some leverage (if in doubt give a clout) i spied that the timing belt cover wasnt on properly secure.

fixed that problem and the alternator slipped straight in :shock:

some times angels are nice :grin:

Iain

Just had one happen.

My Blackface ADAT broke so I bought an LX20 real cheap from eBay.
The unit was sold as-is with that "Unable to test it fully" BS.

Seeing that the seller sold a lot of ADATs I figured he must have at least loaded a tape and the reason it was said to be in great shape was at least this level of operational status. He said and had a photo of the head time being less than 24 hours!

Well, when it arrived it would not load tapes at all.

Tonight I had enough and ripped it out of it's case to have a look at the bottom of the tape basket.

I must have pushed something right because now it works.

Kick A$$

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back