Using GPultec SRPP for passive summing gain make-up amp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbera Media

I purchased 2 of the Gpultec pcb's a couple of months ago and while my initial intention was to build the eq's the boards were originally intended for, i couldn't help but research more about "srpp" and exactly what it is/does. I have recently started compiling ideas for a small, simple mixer using passive summing. With that being said I have 2 questions i haven't been able to find the answer to. Does anyone know if the SRPP pcb could be used as the make up gain amplifier for the passive summing network? Would only the input transformer need to be changed and bridge the in/out where the filter pcb's connect? Also in passive summing, I'd like to make a balanced network, only inserting faders for level control. Would these faders replace the resistor network or would the faders be in addition to the resistors? Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

search the metas because the summing questions you ask about are there.
new york dave's summing bus and fred forsells' have schematics of exactly what you are talking about with the fader and the balancing etc.... and yes the pultec makeup amp would work, but you'll need to try and figure out the details. I'd do that by looking at some of the pultecs that have 990's as makeup amplifiers... than look at the summing busses that use 990's for makeup amplifiers. you see where I'm going with this.
good luck

sleeper,
thanks, really all i was looking for was direction, so thanks for that. i knew there had to be somehting on here as i have done some searching throughout the metas but didn't really find exactly what i was looking for. thanks again.

I hope you found something... I also think there's some good discussion in a threads about the PRR vari mu compressors. check out bluebird's threads.
pretty much similar ideas, interfacing api and neve-ish or tube out sections to some front-end circuitry. I suck at math but I'm good at searching for things.

If you find or draw schematics and post them or at least link to them, there's a good chance that somebody here with some real electrical engineering know-how and calculus skillz will give you some helpful hints or change suggestions. make it easy for these people coz i think they really enjoy problem solving.
Later
Kelly

Latest posts

Back