Headers in Gustav's GSSL PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Has anyone had trouble getting the 3 and 5 pin headers into Gustav's boards? I believe it's standard spacing at 0.1" (2.54mm). I made my first GSSL using Swedish Chef boards, and the headers fit fine.

Anyone?!? :?

I chose the holesizes to fit MY headers :wink:

There is standard spacing, but there is no standard pin/hole size, so I chose 0.9mm that I normally use on my own boards.

The headers I use are from Elfa (Sweden) and made by Perlos... Look for headers with 0.6*0.6mm pins.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Right... I'm not having any trouble with the hole spacing... just the hole size. I'm thinking I'll be able to find what I need. It kinda stinks cause the last time I ordered headers I bought alot of extras so I wouldn't have to re-order headers for a while. So much for that idea...

Thanks for the info.

[quote author="Greg"] I made my first GSSL using Swedish Chef boards, and the headers fit fine.[/quote]
:roll:
err ... then why didn't you just get ... :shock:
shut up Kev ...
sorry I'm still a little mischievous today ... I blame cj ... yep , ... It's all CJ's fault !!! :razz:

Headers fit fine here (Gustav-board). Stocko they're called, right ?

Only 'problem' (big word) I have is that it's quite crowded over there, so one resistor had to be placed vertically and one of the 100nF caps on the solderside of the PCB.

So here's the headers I bought:
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T043/0092.pdf

And these babies don't fit. It's say 2.54mm spacing... 0.64mm square pins. These are the headers I had specified in my parts lists for the GSSL that had been floating around a little bit. I wonder if anyone else had these troubles? :?

@ mcs:
So did you do some re-designing to the original GSSL layout from Gyraf?

Greg:
Get some pcb drill bits and drill out the holes!
there can't be that many holes that need it and then you can still use the headers you bought!
On the 1st run i got made I had this problem and had to dril ALL the holes out!!! :shock:
It's a bore...ha ha geddit?!?!? but it works... :grin:

chef

[quote author="Greg"]So here's the headers I bought:
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T043/0092.pdf

And these babies don't fit. It's say 2.54mm spacing... 0.64mm square pins. [/quote]
If they are 0.64mm, you should be able to get them in - just use the force :grin:

@ mcs:
So did you do some re-designing to the original GSSL layout from Gyraf?
Yes, in Jakob's original files the hole sizes were random. He drilled the boards by hand, so the holesizes weren't important. I changed all the holesizes to match the components I used for my boards.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Back