1176 REV F-G & D what differences? help wellcome thanks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specialized parts in the "D" version, that can be hard to come with.

Choices and much simpler construction needs for a "F/G" Version with easy modifications to try different types of parts.

A "D" Sounds like exactly like a "D" version... a "F/G" has light variation depending on your contraction and parts choices, but sounds like a 1176.

In the end it's a 1176, different flavors.

thanks for post kazper,
sometime i use in mixdown 1176 and la4a original
in studio where i work in partime
and i'm looking for have a pair of 76 for my private live-studio
setup , without "collapsing" my bank,
parts are easy or hard to find?
thanks in advance
:shock: :guinness: :sam:

Seriously.... Do some work before asking.

Google.

Search.

"1176 revision difference"

DOZENS of answers. almost ALL useful.

The top one tells you EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Keith

Mnats will tell you [ Don't ask him ] on his website , the difference's
as well as plently of other helpful info

Keep trying ! it's a good ethic for searching as well as D.I.Y.'ing
can't find it , ain't working , keep trying

As it stands , one can often tell what kind of post it will be ,
by seeing the poster's name

you can help people by teaching them to help themselves
and one has to start somewhere , no ?

when all the posts are the same , gotta stop somewhere as well
unless you're the King Or own the company

mnat has have great info , and geared towards pcbs and this forum
but one still has to read it [ and find it ]

[quote author="3nity"]Whats wrong with helping people around here?
Is it bad or what? :cry:[/quote]
You may equally ask: -What's wrong with people finding things out for themselves before they post the same question that's been asked over, and over, and over...

This is one of the most frequently asked questions -not just on this forum, but ANYWHERE. -That's evidenced by the fact that a simple GOOGLE search -not even a forum search- gives anyone who cares to look for THEMSELVES the answers... instead of relying on everyone else to do the search FOR THEM.

I'm all for helping people if they can do some BASIC footwork themselves, but c'mon guys... this is pretty fundamental stuff, and NOBODY can claim that the information is "hidden" or "obscure".

Google gives one set of results. Yahoo gives a completely differently sorted set of results. a FORUM SEARCH will even tell you. THE VERY TOP TOPIC ON THE FIRST PAGE is the "Meta-Meta", and it suggested that people do some basic research there before asking the same old "re-run" questions over and over, so if someone can't even do the basic footwork, is it any wonder that it becomes exasperating?

This thread is the second thread in the SAME DAY from the SAME USER that's been short on research, which is probably another reason why I'm a bit short-fused.

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]
This thread is the second thread in the SAME DAY from the SAME USER that's been short on research, which is probably another reason why I'm a bit short-fused.

Keith[/quote]

AMEN! Man I'm all for Newbies asking questions, but do some homework. Why should ALL the answers just come with no work on the part of the original poster? If we as seasoned member here have to look and figure things out, why not the newbs? Take a look at most of the OP's questions and comments...

Cheers

Matt

give a man a fish and he'll eat today BUT teach him how to fish and........

he'll sit in a boat all day long, taking the the sun, drinking beer and smoking..... :green:

Andy

[quote author="3nity"]What have we become ? DC-Talk.[/quote]

They were pretty good band back in the day, but I'm more partial to K-Max's solo stuff now. I thought 'Stereotype Be' was great, if not misunderstood... I think quoting that song is a little out of context...

Back to the task at hand, 69ner could start by putting in his location, he has been asked to do so already, it would help in answering some of his other questions he has asked in other posts.

Matt

[quote author="matta"]Back to the task at hand, 69ner could start by putting in his location, he has been asked to do so already, it would help in answering some of his other questions he has asked in other posts.[/quote]
Agreed. -It would also give some insight into the slightly frustrating language barrier.

I find that people who write this way in English -who natively speak a language other than English- tend to be a LOT more self-helpful than NATIVE English-speakers who write in this manner.

Keith

They were pretty good band back in the day, but I'm more partial to K-Max's solo stuff now. I thought 'Stereotype Be' was great, if not misunderstood... I think quoting that song is a little out of context...

Back to the task at hand, 69ner could start by putting in his location, he has been asked to do so already, it would help in answering some of his other questions he has asked in other posts.

Matt

Sorry Sir.

But sometimes is hard to see where we are and what are we!.

Seriously if you dont wanna help anyone dont do it but dont start with the usual "i'm sick of newbie questions" cuz i'm sure there are some of us who got sick by the "Read the meta" or "do a google search" answers..if we know the answer...

I'm in the same boat i ask a lot of newbie questions still

End of it all and i dont wanna get deeper alright guys?

Peace to anyone on this forum with some gentle people!

BTW: Kevin Max is the singer.....both albums are just great....Michael Tait did a good job on his 1st album and 2nd i havent heard it yet...Toby....just good.

[quote author="3nity"]Seriously if you dont wanna help anyone dont do it but dont start with the usual "i'm sick of newbie questions" cuz i'm sure there are some of us who got sick by the "Read the meta" or "do a google search" answers..if we know the answer...[/quote]
I completely disagree.

This forum has generally been able to maintain a higher standard than others, and one thing which we DO ask of members -and which helps to maintain the high standard- is that they relieve the forum of poorly-researched "clutter". -I do not think that this is unreasonable, and I don't think that I'm alone.

Nowhere am I actually belittling anyone, I'm not using insults or pejorative terms; -I'm just asking a little more directly for people to be considerate and to do some legwork first.

We nearly all have jobs, we all have outside interests, and many of us have families. -If each log-in to these fora reveals more threads that give the impression that the standard is falling, then people will just log-in less and less often.

I'm not insulting anyone, unless you consider the term "dude" an insult. -I'm not belittling anyone, unless you consider a request to honor everyone else's time and effort belittling. I'm just asking people to do some work for themselves. -If I can get the answer from the first result that Google throws back at me, as well as a dozen thread references here, then that makes it "an easy thing to discover for yourself" so far as I see it.

If you think that there's too many "read the Meta" or "try a search" answers, then may I suggest it indicates that there are becoming too many original thread starters who don't do sufficient basic research.

It's not the answer, it's not the question; -It's the lack of research. -Answering the same questions over and over doesn't generate any new ideas or grow the knowledge base one iota. -That's WHY we have Metas, and they don't maintain themselves, a real live person has to update, edit and maintain them. Using the Metas to solve problems is probably the most functional way to reward these people, (and perhaps posting a thank-you in the original thread occasionally when the information contained therein helps you) is a fine and fitting way to express appreciation.

Ignoring the Metas on the other hand, doesn't show any appreciation, gratitude or respect.

Keith

People here are generally kind, gentle, and extremely tolerant of newbie questions. People flock to answer basic questions. And we're here to help SixtyNiner on his journey to getting an 1176 built.

But when a frequently-asked question is re-asked, the kindest thing to do is suggest a search. This topic has been discussed right here by people from many nations, by some people who are no longer with us, in threads that go back four years. The richest answer will not come from starting a new thread.

So welcome to the lab, SixtyNiner. :thumb:
Put your location in your profile and start off with a search, for your own benefit. Great reading awaits.

Back