AES San Francisco

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Alright boys and girls. Up around the corner AES San Francisco. I guess I'll start in on the plans for a meet up and such. So who will be there and the usual line of questions.

I vote for Saturday evening....

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to meeting some of my fellow DIY compadres. :thumb:

As my Jamaican friend says - "him only eat leaf and twig mon", so a vegetarian friendly place would be nice!

:guinness: :guinness:

I'm almost 50% certain that I'll be there. I'm not sure what my social schedule looks like while I'm there though, but I'd love to meet up for dinner and drunks, if possible, and maybe some more mischief at the AES booth with CJ...

"Naan and Curry" is a great Indian/Pakistan food spot less than a mile from Moscone. There's also "House of Nanking" The lines are long, and we'd never fit in there, but at least they treat you like shit!

[quote author="CJ"]Any Shinybox T Shirts this year?

If somebody can float a pass, I can dig it.

Lets Google a restaurant so we save foot mileage.[/quote]

Always for the CJ! =)

Passes:
http://www.aes.org/events/125/vip.cfm?169

Can certainly meet at my booth.

Regards

Jon

OK, sounds like we have agreed on the following:

Meeting time: end of show Saturday
Meeting location: Shiny Box booth

Now we just have to sort the restaurant, so we avoid the aimless wandering that, er, was, ahhh, created by my insufficient restaurant planning last time we did this. Happy ending, but it took a while to get there.

So let's agree on the restaurant now.

My preferences:
1) Avoid the "McFriendlys" type stuff right around Moscone. The Chevy's next door, uber-expensive brewpub next door to that, etc.

2) A bit quiet and off the beaten path (like the Indian place last time), so that we can actually enjoy each other's conversation.

I will point out that the Indian place did rock, and if we walk straight to it, it won't be nearly as long a walk as what we did last time. But I'm open to anything else as well.

I love it when a plan comes together. :thumb:

are there any good after parties going on this year. Not talking about the Manley one either as that one tends to just be how loud one can be. The one over at hyde street was nothing more then a demo of how bad someone can record drums. Yes we know you make compressors insert company name here there is no need to over use them but the neve in the downstairs studio was killer. :wink:

Nick, can you get Tommypiper out of the basement for a day?

Ok, how many vegetarians?

How many meatatarians?

How many don't care?

Fum, you are the Man!

Turns out I'm in SF next weekend celebrating a wedding anniversary.

I'll be wondering around AES a bit on Saturday. I definitely want to stop by and check out your stuff Jon, especially since you're in my neck of the woods.

Is it OK if I sign up for a free pass? Not sure if you have limits or something.

Mike

[quote author="CJ"]Nick, can you get Tommypiper out of the basement for a day?

[/quote]

CJ, you're alive!

Yes, stuck in my basement still.... I give up on myself. Been sick a lot this year.

Just heard from Nick, he probly won't make it Saturday, he has a gig. I'm not sure if I can either (family). But we'll both be there Friday. You?

Remember that Roger Nichols thing?

How did we engineer our way into that?

I am trying to remember so we can apply it to the Geoff E master class.

Latest posts

Back