Rack Cases in Australia?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickt

Any aussies know of a supplier for empty 1U 2U 3U rack cases in Oz?
I just bought the current Jaycar one and on opening it up it's flipping useless! :cry:

Thanks.

I was wondering if the Jaycar ones were any good, not surprised that they are crap.

I have a few hardcore floating rack cases for sale, but I think they are 4 RU and up, and they are heavy, being full floaters.

Ebay has a lot of cases on it, the main suppliers of new Chinese case seem to be in Brisbane and melbourne.

The 1ru jaycar cases are the worst. They have all this funky bracing which really makes it hard fitting all your xlr connectors and power inlets.

I've done the RS thing too. Schroff i think it is. Nice case.... hated the price...... never again

I'll second (or third?) the Altronics suggestion, the Jaycar 1u case is a pain in the arse to use with those girder assemblies running along the back, and trying to mount PCB's on them is a bugger too. In the past I've had to use a Dremel to cut sections out of the girders to get XLR screws to fit properly. The last time I used one for a GSSL I threw away the girders and replaced them with some 12x12mm right-angle aluminium extrusions - much easier to work with.

The 2u and 3u cases are OK if you have plenty of space to spare, I've used them with more success.

Latest posts

Back