Sound Workshop LOGEX Channel strip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hey guys, I saw this on e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23792&item=3755354864&rd=1

It looks like a good candidate for modification, but I don't know much about it.... Can anyone tell me if I'd be wasting my time/$? Thanks!

My only experience is with the SW 1280 boards that are not modular, but here's my take:

It's got kind of a grainy sound, uses 741 IC's, thought you could probably find something better to put in its place. The most desirable of this series feature the "super" eq, which has adjustable frequencies for the eq bands. This module just has the ordinary eq, which I've heard is no great shakes. (The super eq is actually pretty useful, though.)

My thought is that there are probably a lot more useful modules floating around out there for not much more money. That's my take on it anyway. Just thought I'd be the contrarian for a moment or two.

Tom

I apreciate the info! I may have found some other modules to play with instead... :grin:

I'll say that these sound pretty good stock. I spent some time on a Logex 8 a few years ago. Decent preamps for junk price. Why not?

Back