made by...Beautiful girls in Wisconsin? Guess the gear!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

Hi!

I found this inside a bit of gear - it made me smile!

Beautiful.jpg

Can anyone guess what it's inside of? Probably a little unfair but I be someone out there knows.

:green:

I bet it's full of reverb springs! :grin:

Like the units from O.C. electronics that were used in the Roland Space Echos! They are cool sounding too!

I have a very old Roland RE-200 Space Echo that I had rebuilt by a forum member here, Ted at GRS Pro Audio. This is an awesome little echo unit. They have a picture of it on their web site at www.grssystems.com They also have the special lubricated tapes, felt pads and parts, if anyone needs them!

Anyway, do I win the prize? :green:

Cheers!

Greg
AnalogStudio7

Yup, it's a SRE555 Space Echo that just arrived! 1 point to Greg!

Here it is, modelled by Doobie.

SpaceEcho.jpg

I thought the whole 'Made in Japan' thing might make it tricky, but you guys are way too good.

Patent looks interesting too - thanks for the link!

:thumb:

Got the same sticker in a peavey pacer amp .
different type of reverb unit but built by the same beautiful girls

Ran into one of such  OC Electronics Folded line reverberation tank as well, also inside seventies Peavey gear.
Possibly type 73.
It could be broken, so was wondering about specs/replacement.
So mainly: what are the input & output impedances of this type 73?

Any documentation for this brand around?

Thanks!

Have you stuck your ohmmeter in the holes? Then compare to Hammond to get the DC-to-AC correction.

>Have you stuck your ohmmeter in the holes? Then compare to Hammond to get the DC-to-AC correction.

Thanks yes, should indeed do that. So far just had a peak inside with only a screwdriver nearby,
and the reverb was reported to be non-working. I'll get the meter out...

(and the solder-iron anyway, as the postman has managed to get the power-amp output capacitor floating in free air...  ::) )

BTW, the driver stage design allows itself to send DC through the transmit-coil (several mA's), but possibly this type 73 is OK with that...

MagnetoSound said:
Hey! 11 years deserves a mention, don’tcha think? Is it a record?
Aha! Indeed, 11 years of silence and then some activity...  :D

...w.r.t. old threads, this one comes to mind as well...

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=5743.300

..., it started out even longer ago (2005) and had some recent activity again as well. No 11 year gaps though, so this one here might still be on top in that respect.

BTW, that type 73 reverb pan still looks OK: both coils measure ~180 Ohms DC. So possibly some error in the electronics around it, which is good news w.r.t. easier/cheaper repair. 

Hey guys could I put one of these in a crate 50 amp was thinking about swapping out I have a folded line type 73 from an old Peavey Pacer the numbers on the Reverb device inside the crate read r r v s 2 E B to C 1 B it's a two spring made by Ruby tube's

Back