Completed Drip LA2A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clister01

Here it is. This thing is amazing. Super quiet, I got the original transformers for it. Sounds fantastic. Bass just comes alive, can't wait to try it out on vocals.

Original UTC Transformers (HA100X and A24), Drip board and T4b. Sifam meter, front panel is front panel express and par metal case. Anyone considering building one of these should do it. Superb. Thanks to everyone who helped in this project.

la2a1.jpg

la2a2.jpg

la2a3.jpg

Peace,
Cameron

Wow !

great !!!

...do you have any samples ot it to make us hear ? :grin:

Is it your personnal version of the LA2A, or is it the copy available on this forum for example ? :thumb:

I'll be the first to say it...

Internal photos please! :wink:

Edit: Almost forgot! Super nice looking build by the way :thumb:

whoops! forgot the inside shot:

la2a4.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that my wiring will always be messy.

Phazinhead this is the Drip V2 board available in this forum. It's really an amazingly well thought out project. The manual is (almost) dummy proof. I don't have any soundclips at the moment but I'll see if I put some together later this week.

-Cameron

hell yes !

im so happy! it makes me smile when i see one of these pups alive .

so much time and research goes into these , that i for get the

reward of a finished model ...yay !.

congrats! happy squshing.

i just finished this build a few weeks ago using a10 / a24 iron / tent sale t4b and must say it sounds like a dead ringer, which is to say...fantastic. highly recommended project.

hey cameron, that red panel looks great! mine's also from front panel express.. using their natural aluminum stock. case is par metal. i ordered the case w/o the front panel and they lowered the price, very cool! dixson meter works well, nice and solid.

la2-1.jpg

la2inside.jpg

la2rear.jpg

Gang of elk your build looks great!

Greg. Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this project. If I had the money I'd build an army of them. Really great work and the manual just makes things sooo easy. Thanks again!

MJFTech. The front panel is just an order from Front Panel Express and I chose to have it red to brighten up the rack a little bit :) I think I just edited the file on NRG's website. A couple of people have asked about getting the file so I'll upload it in a day or two for people to download.

Here's a question. Has anyone used the sifam light boxes with their meters on this project (hooking it up the lamp pads on the pcb)? I got one with the 6V lamp and it burned out very quickly. Just wondering if maybe I had a bad bulb or if this doesn't work. Still need to check the voltage.

Talking about this:

http://www.sifammeters.com/Audio_Level/ALPresentor.htm

Using the 6x24mm festooned style 6V lamp.

Thanks!

Back