UTC A-10 and HA-100X Turns

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Here are the correct turns for the A-10 and HA-100X input transformers.
A previos post on this subject at the old place contained errors.
Sorry for any confusion.
There are two coils per transformer, so divide by two if you want the turns per coil.

turns_data.jpg

Here is some more info on the A-10:
a10_specs.jpg

[quote author="mesmer"]whose gonna makem. I'll call profile.
Peter[/quote]

Good idea!~ :thumb:

I would be interested to get a few if they would make them! :grin:

No problem.
I am constructing some pages for my site with all the details such as inductance, resistance, freq. charts, lam info, dissections, which would make a post that would bog down this place so I will link to it.

On some of the above I even have a layer by layer turns count. What kind of idiot would spend all day counting each turn, jeez, get a life, cj!

Looks like they pretty much kept the same design thru the years as far as turns and lam dims are concearned. One thing that did change is a jump to a higher NI core after the dark gray vintage was up reved to light gray.
:guinness:

[quote author="cjenrick"]No problem.
I am constructing some pages for my site with all the details such as inductance, resistance, freq. charts, lam info, dissections, which would make a post that would bog down this place so I will link to it.[/quote]

Hey that is so COOOL!! :thumb:

On some of the above I even have a layer by layer turns count. What kind of idiot would spend all day counting each turn, jeez, get a life, cj!

man you are a one of a kind, we need more phreaks like you!!! :shock: :green:

:guinness: :sam:

Found anything new at "the hole"?

:grin:

Back to the copper threading sewing machine.........

4500 per coil, shouldnt be too difficult.
did you measure the gauge and winding scheme?
forgot where the original thread with description was.

dont forget, each coil has two secondaries, side by side.

you can wind them together, or seperate.

scratch that.

have to wind together.
if you wind seperate, they will be different mechanically, squashed core tube, etc, and thus, distortion.
now i see why utc had such a time with those inputs..
You should offer a kit, here is a cover sheet you can use.
Is that perv dog playing with her feet, cause I heard about freaks like,that...:

he_unopened_1960.jpg

[quote author="ioaudio"]4500 per coil, shouldnt be too difficult.
did you measure the gauge and winding scheme?
forgot where the original thread with description was.[/quote]

Of course... where's the description thread?

[quote author="CJ"]You should offer a kit, here is a cover sheet you can use.
Is that perv dog playing with her feet, cause I heard about freaks like,that...: [/quote]

LLOOOOOLLL

:green:
:green:

http://vacuumbrain.com/docs/Sub_Docs/a10.html

Please note that the html page is incorrect,, the HA100X and A-10 are NOT the exact same transformer, the HA100-X has a few more laminations to the core, but that is the only difference, save the cans.
Full Props to Kevin C at K and K Audio for pointing this out, K & K, where you will find All of your Lundahl needs, handled in an frinedly and quickly fashion, just a shout out I hope he does not get poisoned by the roast beef at at AES, probably not going becaue "you know who" is not there anymore.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought we had an agreement not to talk about that, Keef?

:mad:

That sentence structure is off, but I can not figure out what is wrong.
Monday morning, gotta hustle the boss...

Nice info!
Small question...
How about pin-layout variations. Do all of the A10/HA-100X's have their pins layed out in a circular fashion or have they also been issued with rectangular/square layouts? I have a A24 here with a square layout, see..

Cheers!
Corneel

Latest posts

Back