rc4136 opamp alternative for Urei LA4 silverface

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might work---whether it provides advantages or not is another question.

I hadn't realized until you asked this that TI ever made a 4136-pinout quad FET opamp, but there it is. My first reaction was to think you meant TL074 and caution that the 4136 had a unique pinout. Learn something new every day...

I've used a TL075 in place of the 4136 in LA4s. I think it's why I have a few. I don't recall having to do anything else.

It works without changes, but if I remember right it was a little noisier.

Eddie Cilletti has some little boards that take a couple of standard dual SO-ICs and fits them to the 4136 pinout, let's you pick some better newer parts.

Well, I just went and looked in the junk box, I have both a TL-075 and an RC4136, one dated 1980, the other 81, which is part of the reason I'm not 100% sure which is quieter, it would've been back then I last had a go at it.

I don't have the time or an easily available LA-4 to try it in, but I would be happy to donate them to the cause if whoever wants to try it out reports back to class...

I have an LA4 easily accessible but it would be ridiculous to ship an TL075 across the pond to measure it here in Germany. Anyway I´m interested in measuring this stuff since I bought spectra foo at work and seriously need to get into it. This would be a good opportunity to go through some of my gear and learn o use the software. Maybe I can find these chips at my electronics store around the corner.

Latest posts

Back