S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you think it would be worth it to use TLE2071 over TL071's?
tl071's are 25 cents...the tle2071's are 1.50 each....

If there isnt not a night and day difference, i wouldn't bother.
i have some burr browns laying around to try out for the 5532 spot...

mrphotodude said:
do you think it would be worth it to use TLE2071 over TL071's?
tl071's are 25 cents...the tle2071's are 1.50 each....

If there isnt not a night and day difference, i wouldn't bother.
i have some burr browns laying around to try out for the 5532 spot...

I personally wouldn't bother with either, unless you dont want it to sound like a trident.  the 80 eqs are famous for a reason.  Why mess with it? 

very quick question:

the 8200 and 3300pf styrene caps at C5 & C6->is there a specific polarity?
the parts in Collin's kit seem to have a blue designation for positive side on the part but I
can't seem to find this answer...

Thanks again for this project.

Cheers!

Anybody do a front panel layout for this?  I'm doing a 1u 2ch unit and have a chassis but haven't done the layout.  If not I guess I'll go ahead and spend the time on it.  If anyone knows the center to centers on all the pots that would be helpful.

Ken-

Do everybody goes with collin kits??Or is there a bom laying around please??
I just received my 8ch case , can't wait to start solderin' !!
Cheers!

Another thumbs up for Colin's kits, great parts, great service... have no idea what he looks like, but who cares! Do the right thing... buy his kit  ;D

Matt

I don't doubt he's a good guy , I was just wonderin about the price ...but...much easier , and as I'm noob...Thanks guyz!!

RedNoise said:
I don't doubt he's a good guy , I was just wonderin about the price ...but...much easier , and as I'm noob...Thanks guyz!!

Match like with like... Colin's kits contain the BEST of the BEST RE brands and components, most are British made and only the highest quality, try see if you can get em cheaper on a small run... plus as you shared the the convenience factor is great.I had to build multiple channels and the thoughts of getting ALL the parts verses the time saving and quality made it all worth it.

Here is a pic of my first prototype built from Colin's kits.

S800_Eq_Proto.jpg

I just received my next 8 kits from him today!

Cheers

Matt

RedNoise said:
Colin send me a "brand" list...I'll order him asap!
;D

Lifted this from the S800 EQ thread in the 'Black Market'.

Kit AML-17-011 contains;
Resistors - Vishay MRS25 1% metal film 0.6w and PR01 1W
Capacitors;
Electrolytic - Dubilier (type used on AMEK 9098i)
Polyester Film - Dubilier (except 100nF which are "unbranded")
Polystyrene - LCR Capacitors FSCEX series
Ceramic - "unbranded"
IC's - Texas instruments TL071CP and NE5532AP
IC sockets - Tyco (turned pin)
Pots - Omeg co-polymer track 10%
Trimmer - Vishay
Zero ohm links - TruOhm carbon 1/4W

Hope that helps!

Matt

At the request of forum members the Alps switch was removed from the kit and the price reduced accordingly (not used with Purusha's case?).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

ok i've got purushas 2 chnl case and a stuffed board in front of me - call me crazy but does the PCB with switches on board go in upside down?  This keeps the HF switch/LF switch at the right ends, and the bypass switch at the right end...is this mentioned anywhere? am I nuts?  I'm looking at the layout in red/blue here:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=29759.20
and it looks like the board has to be flipped to have the HF on the right hand side... ???

Latest posts

Back