S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the board goes in upside down, the traces facing the top of the rack... it was designed with that in mind  ;D Sorry if my drawing is confusing in that regard. Since you have a rack and the rest of us are waiting, do the pots line up the way they should, i.e onboard?

Cheers

Matt

yup all's well!  Make sure you use flush cutters on the first row of potentiometer pins, otherwise they will touch the  metal mounting bracket.  I put a strip of electrical tape there as well. 

Tungstengruvsten said:
yup all's well!  Make sure you use flush cutters on the first row of potentiometer pins, otherwise they will touch the  metal mounting bracket.  I put a strip of electrical tape there as well. 

Good to hear it! Now hurray up and finish and post some sluty pics, LOL!

Matt

Hammond said:
what are the parts that have to be left out in the green psu if no 48v is needed ?

Leave out all the parts in the YELLOW block.

S800_EQ_PSU.gif

Cheers

Matt

Hey all,
I wanted to ask a few questions before my boards and kits get here...

-The kits do not include PSU components or jacks, correct?
-The PSU is the same as the green mic pre, so that BOM mentioned earlier will get me where I need to go, right?
-There's no front panel layout yet, affirmitive?

Thanks

substitute said:
-The kits do not include PSU components or jacks, correct?

Correct, they also do not include the Moulex headers and ALL switches.

substitute said:
-The PSU is the same as the green mic pre, so that BOM mentioned earlier will get me where I need to go, right?

Correct, not looked at the BOM but the original BOM will have the parts to set the PSU to 15VDC rails, you can swap out 2 resistors and push it up to 18VDC for a little more headroom if you want.

substitute said:
-There's no front panel layout yet, affirmitive?

Not in FPD at least, not that I'm aware of, but Purusha did makes both 1U 2 channel and 4U 8 channel rack cases.

Cheers

Matt

matta said:
When I get a chance I'll do so, stuck in sessions at the moment... if someone else has time they can. but I'll do it when I get a chance.

Matt

The PCB is designed for a switch with two rows of six contacts, from the front (pot mounting edge):

Row two switches to either, row one (out) or row three (in) likewise for row five, switches between row four or row six.

Not all poles are needed, the three poles are:

1, Both sides of row two only needs to switch to row three. (switch on position)

2, Row five needs only to make contact with row four on one side (right from the pot mounting edge) (switch off position)

I wish I could use a graphics program! hehehehehe

sintech said:
matta said:
When I get a chance I'll do so, stuck in sessions at the moment... if someone else has time they can. but I'll do it when I get a chance.

Matt

The PCB is designed for a switch with two rows of six contacts, from the front (pot mounting edge):

Row two switches to either, row one (out) or row three (in) likewise for row five, switches between row four or row six.

1, Both sides of row two only needs to switch to row three. (switch on position)

2, Row five needs only to make contact with row four on one side (right from the pot mounting edge) (switch off position)

Hey Sintech,

This I know, but looking at the PCB it is  matter of determining which poles go where in relation to the PCB as it is laid out for an onboard push button switch, which has 2 rows of 8, unlike a 3PDT toggle switch which has 3 rows of 3, which as you shared switch from row 1 between and 3, or 4 and 6 and 7 and 9.

S800-EQ-OVERLAY.jpg

7301SYZQE,%207303SYZQE,%207305SYZQE.jpg

But how do these relate to the PCB... I'm still working it out for myself, if we can get it in words I'll knock up the picture  ;D

Cheers

Matt

matta said:
sintech said:
matta said:

Matt

Hey Sintech,

This I know, but looking at the PCB it is  matter of determining which poles go where in relation to the PCB as it is laid out for an onboard push button switch, which has 2 rows of 8, unlike a 3PDT toggle switch which has 3 rows of 3, which as you shared switch from row 1 between and 3, or 4 and 6 and 7 and 9.

S800-EQ-OVERLAY.jpg

7301SYZQE,%207303SYZQE,%207305SYZQE.jpg

But how do these relate to the PCB... I'm still working it out for myself, if we can get it in words I'll knock up the picture  ;D

Cheers

Matt

Hey Matta:

PCB  pads:

6a-6b

5a-5b

4a-4b

3a-3b

2a-2b

1a-1b

---Front Panel side---

Toggle solder side (B is switched to either A or C)

A1-A2-A3

B1-B2-B3

C1-C2-C3

Ok:

Toggle B1-->  PCB 2a

Toggle B2 - -> PCB 2b

Toggle C1 --> PCB 3a

Toggle C2 -->  PCB 3b

Toggle B3 -->  PCB 5b

Toggle A3 -->  PCB 4b

Sintech,

Thanks for the thorough description, as promised here is the drawing:

3DPT-Switch.jpg

I've tested it as working before anyone worries they may blow something up, Hah Hah.

Hopefully that will help the more pictorially minded overcome this hurdle  :D

RE the Moulex Header, it is just that, it allows for you to easily disconnect any of the i/o's or PSU if repair work needs to be done, without have to cut/desolder wires, see the pic below:

S800_Eq_Proto.jpg

Cheers

Matt

matta said:
RE the Moulex Header, it is just that, it allows for you to easily disconnect any of the i/o's or PSU if repair work needs to be done, without have to cut/desolder wires, see the pic below:

Unfortunately, those of us with the 8 channel case have no choice really than to solder wires to each module and to the pots, so repair work will be a little bit more difficult...not a big deal though.

How are you guys grounding?  Input XLR of each channel connected together to star ground of the IEC?

Thanks,
Sig

Latest posts

Back