S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bro.

I have been watching for replies regarding your question, I certainly don't have any answers.  I've fired up one channel for bench testing, it eq's, but I haven't gotten involved in any fine tuning or measurements. 

Glad to be of service.  ;D

i've got 4 out of 8 eqs up and running, with several different variations of placement direction for the styrenes.  I personnally don't hear much difference, but have not tested extensively, nor do I have accurate measurement tools.  Maybe I'll just make 2 of each variation for a little variety in my high shelf...  ;) 

power transformer question.
I'm going to buy a toroid from antek.

I have 2 options, 18v 10VA or 20v 25 VA.
Which fits better for 2 channels?

Pedro, I was going to buy the 2x15V, 10VA from Antek for this. Either should work. If I calculated correctly (back a few pages) each channel uses less then 30mA maximum... WAY less than these trafos can do.

BTW, how are you having these shipped? 

I asked about shipping to Brasil on ebay:
"The Priority Mail small flat rate is $13. you may fit 2 into the box for same price.  John"

here is the ebay store http://myworld.ebay.com/johnango/

I think this is the best solution for us in Brasil!

How are the cases and panels going? any news for us?

I was wondering on using the SSL 9k PSU for this project, (it's simple and seems ok for etching...)

Does anybody knows if it would work ?

Hi, guys!

Have maybe someone Components list for this EQ!

Did i maybe overlook weblink or Components list somewhere ?

Thx

ixi

Here's the easiest way to get what you need.
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/kits.html

You just need to source switches.

For you guys using this EQ with a 3 rail psu....
Use the 48V part with 48V relays to bypass the EQ...
Relay at the output switching to XLR (EQ bypassed)  in or From the EQ out ( EQ IN)...

;D

3nity said:
For you guys using this EQ with a 3 rail psu....
Use the 48V part with 48V relays to bypass the EQ...
Relay at the output switching to XLR (EQ bypassed)  in or From the EQ out ( EQ IN)...

;D

Excellent idea...

you should be able to mod the PSU and omit a couple things and set it up for 12 or 24V also...

I sent a pdf and adobe illustrator file to the group email of my layout as i have had a few requests for it.
i labeled it as a mock layout!
dont go getting fancy panels made or invest money into it until you print it on a piece of paper and see how well things line up for  you!!!
This is for a dual channel in a 1U with the components mounted facing up.

I'm not much of a photoshop whiz, but maybe some of you will find these helpful:

S8001U.jpg

S8004.jpg

Hey guys I got quite the newber question.

I just read the John Watkinson article on grounding that was posted in the Brewery section and it has left me with some questions.

In the article he notes the importance of tying pin 1 from the xlr's to the metal chassis, not to the PCB itself.  I was planning on doing both on my s800.  That is to say that I would use the input/output grounds on the board, then tie pin 1 of the xlr's together and have them all meet at the star ground point.  Am I wrong?  Should I connect the xlr's to the eq boards at all?  Should I tie the xlr's together and then to the star ground or should I tie each one to the chassis individually?  If I'm not tying the pcb input/output grounds to the xlr's then do I use them at all?

Sorry for the serious of seemingly dumb questions, but I've read so many grounding threads on this forum and they just serve to confuse me more.  Thanks in advance for any help.

~Matt

Hi there ,
earlier in this thread I read : "the burgundy coloured 1k5 resistor - is it a 1 watt meant for r43?"
Colin confirmed it was 1W , but does this also confirm it's r43??

Also , I'd like to be confirmed concerning the value of the "thing" located between c22 & r35 ...

By advance , many thanks.

Latest posts

Back